• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Dont get mad at Express!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I think I speak for many ASA pilots when I say that if it had to be anyone I'm glad it was XJT. XJT got kicked in the nuts by mainline and was threatened with a significant fleet reduction. XJT management responded with inovation and the ratification of good contract. I wish more management teams would follow XJT's lead and realise that taking care of their labor groups helps ensure a superior product will be delivered. While there are many variables at work, XJT's contract will help raise the DCI bar and enable ASA to get the contract we deserve.

I think I speak for many ASA pilots when I say that if it had to be anyone I'm glad it was XJT. XJT got kicked in the nuts by mainline and was threatened with a significant fleet reduction. XJT management responded with inovation and the ratification of good contract. I wish more management teams would follow XJT's lead and realise that taking care of their labor groups helps ensure a superior product will be delivered. While there are many variables at work, XJT's contract will help raise the DCI bar and enable ASA to get the contract we deserve.

I hope we do help raise the bar, but I think it's going to take someone else changing - a large non-union, single pay-rate company to really raise the bar.

Thanks so much for the kind words. I have always had a great deal of respect for both the CMR and ASA guys and gals for dealing with a parent company that as of late seems hell bent on destroying your long term livelihood and QOL. I would never relish the gains we have made provided they come at the expense of another pilot group. I have never held CAL's business decision against the folks at CHQ and this bitching will ultimately prove counter productive.

When you read some of the gloating on this board it is easy to think that we all feel the same way but I would ask you to remember that XJT has almost 3000 pilots and only a handful post here. I wish you ASA guys the best of luck and I hope that your recent change in ownership will eventually lead to a brighter future.

Should you guys ever be released and move to help yourselves I would be proud to give my assessment and time to your cause.

Good luck.

I really have to say...any respect I had for ExpressJet has been lost. We were all supposed to feel so bad for you last year, because all of us we're "bottom feeders" because we stole your flying. Now we need to bow to you as you "steal" others' flying, but that's ok because you guys set the standard.

As far as SkyW "buying" into DAL with the ASA deal. Yeah JA spent over 400 mil to aquire them. With that Delta signed a 15 year deal with SkyW inc. If that constitutes "whoring" out I guess you're right.

I do think this point to point nonsense is nothing but another FlyI. I don't care how good you think you are...Nobody wants to fly on an EMB145 for 4+ hours.

I really have to say...any respect I had for ExpressJet has been lost. We were all supposed to feel so bad for you last year, because all of us we're "bottom feeders" because we stole your flying. Now we need to bow to you as you "steal" others' flying, but that's ok because you guys set the standard.

Right, because the pilots make all of the business decisions at their companies...right?

As far as SkyW "buying" into DAL with the ASA deal. Yeah JA spent over 400 mil to aquire them. With that Delta signed a 15 year deal with SkyW inc. If that constitutes "whoring" out I guess you're right.

I do think this point to point nonsense is nothing but another FlyI. I don't care how good you think you are...Nobody wants to fly on an EMB145 for 4+ hours.

Just STFU Donny you're out of your element.

Latest resources

Back