Don't answer the &*%$ phone!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
"we had eliminated 25-30 of them because they simply weren't a cultural fit."

Please explain to me what a "cultural fit" at JB is. I am curious.

Safety, Caring, Fun, Passion, and Integrity. These are what we are looking for at jetBlue. From these values we hope to produce a culture.

Jetblue is a great run airline. No doubt about it. But what goes up, usually comes down. Maybe not?The KOOL-AIDE tastes great when you are on the way up. I know the taste. Jetblues hiring is as confusing as Uniteds was in the mid 90's.

There have been many great guys turned down by Jetblue.
I know for a fact and know the names of pilots that have been caught cheating on FAA exams, pilots who can not upgrade at their airline, scabs that change there last name so that they can jumpseat, plus the guy that everybody hates in G/S that all have been hired by Jetblue.
My point is, that the interview process is not perfect. The bad apples are few. But it is easy to be happy and have motivated pilots when things are good. When the times are bad, you will see the true colors of the people you have hired.

marty

MCDU said:
. . . When the times are bad, you will see the true colors of the people you have hired.

marty

Really? Gee, you seem so certain. What do you base this statement on?

Red

It's a hard fall from GRACE..... One day you'r at the top of you'r game, the next day you'r looking for a job at BRAND X.. Being humble and appreciative of what you have will bring you down to Earth with the rest of us.... And allways remember the Infamous words of Sir Dice Man....... "Little Boy Blue............ He needed the Money" :cool:

Last edited:
Not a tall tale...

Applied to JB around their first anniversary. Was called fairly quickly (pre-911 days) and interviewed. JB then commenced background/reference verification.

Personnel guy called me at home about my three references. Advised he would be contacting them. I stated we have a +5 hour EST time difference, no problem. Despite this the call came at 0030, but mistakes can and are made.

Because my refs were "long distance" it was decided that written submissions would be required, to save on JB phone costs. I then received a phone message from JB that they needed to give me their mailing address for the refs, but then realized they didn't know their address and put me on hold... told they couldn't find it and would call me back (this on my answering machine).

Anyhow, got through this phase. I was then asked for three more references but I declined to expose my colleagues to more midnight calls. Naturally, by saying no, it was the end of the JB road for me.

Looking back, I rejected JB because of their unprofessional (AT THAT TIME) phone screening procedure. After all, an "interview" is a just that, exchanging views. Because I was not desperate for a job, at the time, I genuinely had to determine was this new company a good fit for my family and me.

Apart from this I really enjoyed the face to face part of the screening at Kew Gardens. Really great and friendly people, a totally positive experience. Thanks for that.

They finally think so much of themselves at JB,the media attention has finally gone to their heads........they are on crack!

Intruder One said:
They finally think so much of themselves at JB,the media attention has finally gone to their heads........they are on crack!

Gordon, is that you? I thought you'd be too busy running CAL to visit flightinfo.com, but thanks for blessing us with your insightful, warm post.

Have a nice day.

Latest resources

Back