• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Dog

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Does anybody know if these are the dogs that people refer to as "Belgian Shepherds"?

AHhhhh, thats exactly what she is.

http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/Flats/3552/abmcidmal.html

As for why you can post non-aviation topics here and you get blasted for it in other places.... well its a small community, and pretty much all pilots dig

Beer
Chicks
Dogs
Scuba Diving

So chances are if you post on any of these it will be considered of interest to a solid 80% of the readers here...

Geez dms...you need to laugh more. You seem to be too wound up. Go fly, or do something to put a smile on your face.

I expect this kind of behavior out of old salty dogs like Avbug, not college students! :D

(juuuuust kidding Avbug!)

dms, you should stop wasting our time and the bandwidth...if you don't like the subject don't read the thread.

p.s. what a cutie!

I'd like a big furry studip lookin golden retriver. I saw this guy once at a grass strip in VA. He took the front seat out of his J-3 and made a area for his 85 lb golden retriver to sit in. It looked like the dog was having the time of his life flying around with his head out the window. The guy was doing touch and go's and I can still see the dog looking at us like "this is better than chasing cats around" as he went by with his toung flapping in the breeze.

Dog discussion - as opposed to a "dog" of a discussion

I personally do not have a dog, but Don is to be congratulated and praised for giving a heretofore unwanted animal a home. But for him, perhaps the poor animal might have been doomed.

Why not talk about pets? Pilots talk about all sorts of things besides aviation above 10-thousand feet. Examples include current events, sports, spouses, women, men, children, investments, golf, real estate, what have you. Inasmuch as any of these are good cockpit talk, these are all "aviation" subjects.

Good for you

I worked at an animal hospital for the better part of a year in High School. It was an eye-opening experience. It made me angry to see how many people would neglect thier animal's health up to the point that it was on the verge of death. People who refuse to vaccinate thier animals and then cry when thier new puppy comes down with parvovirus and passes away amazed me. People would think more about their own feelings than the animal's health. I have seen bills for over $20,000 dollars for animals, only to have the animal die days later. Sad.... I applaud Don for taking in an abandoned animal and giving it a good home.

--03M

By the way, did I say that GREAT DANES RULE?:D :cool: :)

Re: Now its aviation related

Don said:

My wife and dog are going to obedience school together.

Will she get a lot bigger?

Your wife? Yeah, probably, but I don't think it has anything to do with obedience school.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back