• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Does it suck to fly for a reginonal?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Here is some input for you bigbird. Go do something else and don't worry about what people at the regionals are doing. What new line of work are you going to pop into and start making even 60K? And stability, it's about as stable as any other job out there. Go ask the people getting layed off all over the tech and telcom industries. And exactly what over blue collar jobs are even approaching 100K? So if there is nothing great about flying for you then why keep doing it.

My suggestion, if you have the requisite flight time, go to a fractional if you can get the interview... The pay is about the same initially, but the flying is better. Who wouldn't want to sit in the sharp-end of a high-performance Citation X or Lear 60 on an airline-like schedule throughout the country - you can't beat the variety of routes and destinations. Regardless, the majors won't be hiring for YEARS and YEARS, so why not get some real flying in and get to know the ENTIRE country vs. just a region over and over again (although some commuters like Comair and COEX do cover a large portion of the country...).

Good luck with your decision...

Oh, how silly of us.....yes, in the presence of a real aviation expert, I admit.....what I do isnt real flying.....(dripping with sarcasm)

Bigbird,

Top pay rate for the CMR CR7 (70-seater) is $118/hour at the end of the current contract. My average line is 88 hours for pay/month. If I was there now, annual pay would be over $124,000.

At 88 credit hours per month, captains in their 15th year are making 100K on the CR7 now.

Last edited:
it's great

Just got hired and have been flying for a month. IT is **CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED**ING Great!!!!!!!!

Everything I ever dreamed of and more.

The politics and business of aviation sucks, and there are A LOT of negative people in the business. IF you want the job unfortunately you have to put up with the BS that happens on the ground. Look at the long term and never forget that it is a BUSINESS and you are just an employee.

The majority of pilots don't get paid well. But most other jobs come with the same BS and aren't nearly as cool. What job is better than being a pilot?

Re: it's great

spike said:
Just got hired and have been flying for a month. IT is **CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED**ING Great!!!!!!!!

Everything I ever dreamed of and more.

Check back with us in 6 months...

Latest resources

Back