Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
For what it's worth...

FWIW:
Avolar interviewed 12 pilots on Thurs and Fri last week in Dallas.
8 on Thurs and 4 on Friday. Dont know about Thurs but 2 out of 4 on Fri were UAL furloughees.
Interview was a LR55 sim chk and panel interview. Ride was basic and fair, panel was very courteous, professional and relaxed.
Plan was to systematically hire over 1,000 pilots by 2006 as aircraft arrive. Pay scales have not been finalized yet as benefits are currently being worked out with UAL.
Great crew of people, looked like a fantastic opportunity to me.
Hope this helps those of you interested.

Almost gone.

So what is the process other than sending in the e-mail resume, letter, and online application ???? Sounds like they are selecting from a very specific set of requirements that meet what they are looking for at the moment ? Have the non-corporate background people knocked on Avolar's door and introduced themselves or are they getting some references in to Mr. Oran to open doors for them ? That kind of goes for the corporate background folks too. Just curious, I do have a corporate background and will be on the street in March, sure would like to get an interview before hand and have something lined up.

Hey Gumby,

Know if you guys are only looking for Lear folks right now ? Any way to get a recommendation in to accompany the resume ? Is that worth the effort that you know of ? Sounds like there are 10 pilots employed by Avolar from a previous post, is that accurate ?

Thanks,

Avolar/Recomm/Bases'

Well Guys,
I have heard the company has identified approx. 23 domiciles' or Gateways across the country. As the deliverys happen, so will the gateways!

I guess if anyone had a recommendation, that would help. I think we are looking for 50, and 60 folks. If you have 45 and Beechjet exp. it would'nt hurt either!

Gateway cities

The interview was a good experience. As A+ is going to try to use UAL as much as possible to move crews, the gateway cities correspond to cities well served by UAL. I don't remember all of them, but ORD, DEN, SLC, LAX, SFO, BOS, were among them.

There was talk of a 28 January class. We are all hoping for a call soon!!

P.S. I think 7 out of the 8 people interviewed on Thursday were UAL furloughed people. I was the only one with a military background - the rest were straight commuters or corporate.

For those who have applied and haven't heard anything - be patient - the rules and methods are still being created. There are going to be a lot of slots available at A+, but they don't have the infrastructure to respond to everybody immediately- It's not like there is a huge HR department with hundreds of employees like at a major. I would suggest to keep updating your resume and submitting montly or so to show you are still interested.

I hope the phone rings early next week!

Chocks

My husband is a frac pilot with Lear 31, 45 & 60 experience. Also a corporate background. He sent in a resume back in Julyish and hasn't heard anything from them. Also, he tried calling their number and left a couple of messages - their answering machine said they would return the call, but he never heard from them. If they are looking for CA in this equipment, seems like he would have heard (approx. 5,000 tt). Unless there is truth to the rumor that Avolar has an agreement with Bombardier/Flexjet to not contact any pilots till March 28. Anyone know of truth to this rumor?

I can't see how the rumor would be true. 12 pilots interviewed last Thursday/Friday.

To Pilot's Wife: Is the rumor that Avolar won't contact Flexjet pilots until March 28th? If so...what's the signifigance of that date? I would tend to take that rumor (and all the others) with a grain of salt however, maybe even a handful of salt!

Gumby, thanks for all of your replies with new info. We're counting on you to keep the info. flowing!!

Chocks...sounds like you interviewed...hope you get in there as well as everybody else who's trying. Was the interview technical or not? Half & half? How were you contacted to begin the interview process?

Anybody with more info about A+'s hiring process please post! Thanks!

Avolar and Flexers...

Yes, the rumor is factual!! We recieved a e-mail, about two weeks ago from the CP, saying that there is an embargo on the hiring of the Flex kidz...Not sure on how long...

Latest resources

Back