Does anyone know what airlines are all about

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

flying zephyr

To change a phrase made famous by Charlie Brown, just curious if anyone in the Majors is even aware what is happening at Midwest and although it is too late for us maybe taking a hard look at your own contracts and labor situations. I hope to God that I am wrong, but I am sure that with Delta and NWA pulling the strings that they will try to use what is happening for a template for future negotiations. Don't be fooled, they are only looking to line their pockets with bonuses derived from your pockets and qol. Good luck to all, the grim reaper has come for MEH as we know it and for my career.

It sucks, but buck up!

To change a phrase made famous by Charlie Brown, just curious if anyone in the Majors is even aware what is happening at Midwest and although it is too late for us maybe taking a hard look at your own contracts and labor situations. I hope to God that I am wrong, but I am sure that with Delta and NWA pulling the strings that they will try to use what is happening for a template for future negotiations. Don't be fooled, they are only looking to line their pockets with bonuses derived from your pockets and qol. Good luck to all, the grim reaper has come for MEH as we know it and for my career.

Bizness is Bizness in this country. The MEH model, while enjoyable as a consumer, was not sustainable as a bizness or it would still be in operation. It's not personal, it has happened to all in this industry. Eventually we'll all work for SWA, so you might as well take this orderly shutdown of your employer as a time to look for your next phase of your career.
It could be worse, MEH could have been bought by Airtran, or you could have shown up for work and the company was done on one day like Indy air. You've got your health and youth, time to add a page to your scrapbook and move on.
Managers are supposed to run companies as efficient as possible, what some managers fail to see as that screwing employees for a $1 may cost them $10 instead. Enjoy you life!

Zephyr its good to see that at least some of us are noticing and realizing that this could turn into a bigger dilema than its seems for all of us. Medex should be a lessoned learned by all of those willing to pay attention.

A mouse looked through the crack in the wall to see the farmer and his wife open a package. "What food might this contain?" the mouse wondered. He was devastated to discover it was a mousetrap.

Retreating to the farmyard, the mouse proclaimed the warning: "There is a mousetrap in the house! There is a mousetrap in the house!"

The chicken clucked and scratched, raised her head and said, "Mr. Mouse, I can tell this is a grave concern to you, but it is of no consequence to me. I cannot be bothered by it."

The mouse turned to the pig and told him, "There is a mousetrap in the
house! There is a mousetrap in the house!" The pig sympathized, but said, "I am so very sorry, Mr. Mouse, but there is nothing I can do about it but pray. Be assured you are in my prayers."

The mouse turned to the cow and said, "There is a mousetrap in the house! There is a mousetrap in the house!"

The cow said, "Wow, Mr. Mouse. I'm sorry for you, but it's no skin off my nose."

So, the mouse returned to the house, head down and dejected, to face the farmer's mousetrap alone.

That very night a sound was heard throughout the house -- like the sound of a mousetrap catching its prey.

The farmer's wife rushed to see what was caught. In the darkness, she did not see it was a venomous snake whose tail the trap had caught.

The snake bit the farmer's wife. The farmer rushed her to the hospital, and she returned home with a fever. Everyone knows you treat a fever with fresh chicken soup, so the farmer took his hatchet to the farmyard for the soup's main ingredient.

But his wife's sickness continued, so friends and neighbors came to sit with her around the clock. To feed them, the farmer butchered the pig.

The farmer's wife did not get well; she died. So many people came for her funeral, the farmer had the cow slaughtered to provide enough meat for all of them.

The mouse looked upon it all from his crack in the wall with great sadness.

So, the next time you hear someone is facing a problem and think it doesn't concern you, remember -- when one of us is threatened, we are all at risk.

We are all involved in this journey called life. We must keep an eye out for one another and make an extra effort to encourage one another.

Zephyr it's time we move on

This is my third furlough from the Huckster. I'm kickin myself in the arse for not getting out while things were good in the last couple years. I was always thinking that Hucky's age would have him retire soon and someone would come in and do something with a good brand. We should be the size of Jet Blue or more.
The final chapter of this place is still yet to be reveiled. I wouldn't be surprised if the next group of angry pilots in this mess is the DAL/NWA group. I hope you guys have a rock solid scope.
As for us, Zephyr, it's time to get LUVed. Go get a govt paid 737 type and put your stuff in at Netjets. Those are the top 2 gigs still hiring.

Good story.

Oh come on! Looking out for each other? That's not the American way! The best we can do is set a good example for those who are less fortunate than us to aspire to.

That mouse was a freakin' pinko liberal.

The rest of those animals got it in the end, but right up until it, they were exemplifying the American way: my windfalls are mine, and your troubles are yours. Until your troubles are mine and you're getting the windfalls I think I deserve, then it's time for a govt. bail-out.

On a lake swam a swan. At the edge of the lake sat a scorpion. The scorpion called over to the swan.

"I need to get to the other side would you let me ride on your back?"

"You are a scorpion, if I let you on my back you will sting me."

"If I stung you then we would both die for I cannot swim"

The swan thought that was a good point and gave the scorpion a ride. During the journey, the scorpion stung the swan and the swan started to die.

"Why did you sting me? Now we are both going to die", said the swan.

"Because I am a scorpion and that is what I do."

Welcome to corporate business in the Divided States of America.

Latest resources

Back