Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Does anyone else thing flying is boring?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Ok, I need to know, who else thinks that being an airline pilot is one of the most boring jobs available.

Sitting in a cockpit, basically a prisoner the entire block time of the flight, sitting bored for hours, then off to a hotel to sit for hours.... "then do it all again" - Nickelback 2010.

Who else thinks that it is brainless work?

Dude, are you high??

Flying, isn't supposed to be "fun" or "amazing".. It is a job other dudes wished they could do.. And, you can. Which, makes you cool in the eyes of chicks.. Which, means, you have a better chance of banging chicks than dudes who wished they could fly.. Which means, flying is just a better way to bang chicks.. Period. If you want fun, be a clown..

Plus, what other job, do you get to sit around with other dudes, talk about flying and chicks..

Last edited:
this pinhead has already admitted he manipulates well. full of delusions of grandeur....i guess for guys like him, it's fun being a doosh when you can do it anonymously, in real life, he was beaten up on the playground, laughed at in the gym shower, and probably suffers from premature ejection..get a life loser...

Well, flying is boring. I figured that much out during my primary training on x-countrys. The "coolness" factor kept me going. .

Guess that sums it up. You got into flying thinking it would make you "cool". classic example of getting in to aviation for all the wrong reasons. It is a great way to make a living if you enjoy flying, if you don't, you are in the wrong line of work. Trying to put it down to justify your mistake just makes you look as self absorbed as SFR.
SFR trying to equate making more money as somehow being being more successful shows how shallow he is (although he is probably just trying to jerk peoples chain on here and getting the last laugh). There are very successful people making less than $100, 000 a year and there are total failures making $500,000 a year. A persons income has very little to do with how successful they are, it's what they do with the life they have that decides how successful they are.

Yes, it is incredibly boring. Sitting in the same seat for 6 hours a day next to the same guy, staring out the same windows, it's very very boring. But six figures with 19 days off a month and never spending a night away from home in over 2 years for work makes it better than any other job I can think of.

Too much Hollywood?

It's funny how our preconceived notions of flying are born, and how some of us carry them into our adulthood. Not dissing you pal, our imagination of what flying should entail could be a valid topic for some psychoanalytical study. Too many got into flying without knowing what most flying really entailed. They had an idea of what flying was like from seeing uniforms on an elevator, from hangar-chatters swapping lies at the local airport, and mainly from TV and movies. "Become a pilot! You will zoom around the world with a half dozen gorgeous stews, perform death-defying acts to emerge the hero after every flight, suddenly become as handsome as Robert Redford and irresistable to the girls."

Our preconceived notions tell us (erroneously) what to expect, and when reality does not deliver....this type of discussion is what we get.

So, maybe I am saying 'Yeah it's kinda boring', BUT......only if you had delusions about what it should be! Its really, really tough to learn this sort of thing after devoting years and $$ to a profession.

It's not boring to me.

Last edited:
My background... Long Dong and big fake knockers to play with.

Got the rolley on the arm and a porsche on dub, got the best weed cuz I got it goin on.....

Sean Roth, you know that I think you are a marketing genius however I am concerned with your new campaign. This 'hip-hop' music which you frequently sight is very low class and supported by poor minorities which you are certainly not. Perhaps you should have a talk with a IAH 75 capt on your next trip about 'rap crap music'. I'm sure he will steer you back towards quality music that will be on Sean Hannity's next Freedom Tour...

Boring is standing the 1/4 deck watch in port on a weekday from 2330 to 0330, compared to that nothing else is boring.

Exactly. That's why they call it "work."

Oh, and Nickelback is gay.

You want a soundtrack for the career? Try Drive By Truckers: "This F'n Job."

Or "Why Henry Drinks.". The 'Truckers are awesome. This job can be boring at times, but it's not a boring job by any stretch.

Latest resources

Back