Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Does anyone else thing flying is boring?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You guys all missed the point, I don't think flying a fighter jet is any more exciting than an airliner, in fact, I have never cared about military aviation, even as a kid.

Flying anything is basically boring. I am talking about jobs that accomplish something and actually make you think and actually pay good. I am not talking about 200k per year, I am talking about liquid, 500k+

It is funny how so many of you immediately talk about flying "something else" for fun..... typical pilots, always goes back to flying.....

Hate to break it to you, but if you have done it once you have done it 1000 times..

Me thinks you have listened to that song, "I want to be a billionaire....so friggin bad" one too many times. Good luck junior.

And do it all agaaaaaaaaaaaaaiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnnnn!!

I think the level of fun with flying can depend on the company. I don't really care to rent a plane on my day off to go sight seeing, but if I am taking a girlfriend or family member then that changes everything. It would be fun for me to see them enjoy it and get to fly the plane a little.

Flying the airliner is a whole lot more fun when the CA/FO is interesting to talk to. The flights where the other guy offers nothing kind of drag. The legs go by too fast and 10,000 feet comes up too fast when you have someone cool to talk to.

Ok, I need to know, who else thinks that being an airline pilot is one of the most boring jobs available.

Sitting in a cockpit, basically a prisoner the entire block time of the flight, sitting bored for hours, then off to a hotel to sit for hours.... "then do it all again" - Nickelback 2010.

Who else thinks that it is brainless work?

Please quit your flying job.

Cheers,
Scott

Latest resources

Back