Does anyone else get the feeling....

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

79%N1

That General Lee will not vote for any TA that includes larger aircraft for DCI?
I don't know where I get this idea, it must be permenantly ingrained in my subconscious.

So,I guess the vote on this TA will be 5,999 - 1.

I just heard of Fox news about 10 minutes ago that some type of temporary agreement had been reached, any truth to that?

79%N1 said:
That General Lee will not vote for any TA that includes larger aircraft for DCI?
I don't know where I get this idea, it must be permenantly ingrained in my subconscious.

So,I guess the vote on this TA will be 5,999 - 1.

If the new TA includes changes in scope, don't expect the DAL pilots to pass it... It's that simple. I am sure GL and most other Delta FOs would agree with that.

On Your Six said:
If the new TA includes changes in scope, don't expect the DAL pilots to pass it... It's that simple. I am sure GL and most other Delta FOs would agree with that.

I agree, bigger jets at DCI is most likely going to be voted down!

Thats complete and utter BS and Balderdash............and here is why. When faced with voting to either:

a) Keep some of your current work rules, benefits and pay in exchange for "allowing" some larger airplanes to be flown by DCI as part of the TA
-OR-
b) Losing your job as an airline pilot, the relative high compensation and quality of life that affords you, and looking to start over at another less-lucrative job............

Which way are you going to vote? We all know the answer, despite the posturing of you know who! Just get off it already. Delta need to add revenue. Does it make sense to fly 50 people on a route, or 70+ on that same route? Do you want Delta to be profitable, or disappear?

79%N1...I don't really understand what you're saying.

I'm hoping this TA puts the brakes on outsourcing Delta's flying. We shall see...

I'm saying Delta pilots would be foolish to vote to strike over DCI flying some larger airplanes. Why shut down your company, that pays you a nice living and be forced to look for a new job where you will make less than a quarter of what you currently earn just to stop a couple of 90 seaters from being flown! It's rediculous. If DALPA traded a couple 90 seaters for keeping some pay, benefits and work rules, isnt that worth it? Maybe they could stipulate that they could only be flown on routes served by other RJ's at this time, in turn, increasing revenue - you know - the ultimate goal of the corporation. But the hill these Delta guys choose to die on is stopping some Regional guys from flying some 90 seaters? It just makes no sense. Look, Mesa flies them for AWA, Air Wisc flew them for United, and Mesaba for NWA. So what? What is the freakin big deal? Cant Delta decide the right aircraft for the right job? It is just insane to think these guys would rather be unemployed than allow 90 seat RJ's at DCI? They could have stopped this long ago. Now is not the time. It is just too late. Sorry.

79%N1 said:
What is the freakin big deal? Cant Delta decide the right aircraft for the right job?

Delta has nothing restricting them from putting the right aircraft on the route. All they have to do is have Delta pilots fly them. Pretty simple. Outsourcing is not the solution.

I would much rather be flying an RJ under a mainline contract with a mainline seniority number than under even the best regional contract...and I wouldn't mind being furlough fodder to get there. The potential rewards far outweigh the potential risks, IMO.

Latest resources

Back