Does anyone else get the feeling....

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
79%N1 said:
I'm saying Delta pilots would be foolish to vote to strike over DCI flying some larger airplanes. Why shut down your company, that pays you a nice living and be forced to look for a new job where you will make less than a quarter of what you currently earn just to stop a couple of 90 seaters from being flown! It's rediculous. If DALPA traded a couple 90 seaters for keeping some pay, benefits and work rules, isnt that worth it? Maybe they could stipulate that they could only be flown on routes served by other RJ's at this time, in turn, increasing revenue - you know - the ultimate goal of the corporation. But the hill these Delta guys choose to die on is stopping some Regional guys from flying some 90 seaters? It just makes no sense. Look, Mesa flies them for AWA, Air Wisc flew them for United, and Mesaba for NWA. So what? What is the freakin big deal? Cant Delta decide the right aircraft for the right job? It is just insane to think these guys would rather be unemployed than allow 90 seat RJ's at DCI? They could have stopped this long ago. Now is not the time. It is just too late. Sorry.

Then what is next? a 120 seat "RJ"? Get real, if you want to fly a larger aircraft get your resume together and go apply to Continental, Frontier, JB, Southwest or any of the other ones that are hiring.

Why do you want 90 seaters at ASA? It's not like their going to pay us to fly them, managment already wants to get us to fly 70s cheaper. 90 seaters doen't mean more money for us.

BoilerUP said:
I would much rather be flying an RJ under a mainline contract with a mainline seniority number than under even the best regional contract...and I wouldn't mind being furlough fodder to get there. The potential rewards far outweigh the potential risks, IMO.

At least someone gets it.

It's too bad all the majors don't have the scope-limitation of 50 seats, on RJs like CAL. Those 190s while I'd love to fly one, are not an RJ! And they should be flown by mainline at mainline rates.

A couple of 90 seaters?

That would only be the beginning, then 10 then 50 then oh yeah 120 seaters! I can upgrade quicker!! Great for me!! Then I can get out of this crappy regional and go to Delta and make some real money flying what?

190's should be flown by mainline period. ASA flying them would not be good for ANYBODY except for ASA FO's for a quick upgrade, followed by 20 years as captain of the damm thing.

If you think otherwise then you are a lazy regional pilot who doesn't want to interview again.

79%N1 said:
I'm saying Delta pilots would be foolish to vote to strike over DCI flying some larger airplanes. Why shut down your company, that pays you a nice living and be forced to look for a new job where you will make less than a quarter of what you currently earn just to stop a couple of 90 seaters from being flown! It's rediculous. If DALPA traded a couple 90 seaters for keeping some pay, benefits and work rules, isnt that worth it? Maybe they could stipulate that they could only be flown on routes served by other RJ's at this time, in turn, increasing revenue - you know - the ultimate goal of the corporation. But the hill these Delta guys choose to die on is stopping some Regional guys from flying some 90 seaters? It just makes no sense. Look, Mesa flies them for AWA, Air Wisc flew them for United, and Mesaba for NWA. So what? What is the freakin big deal? Cant Delta decide the right aircraft for the right job? It is just insane to think these guys would rather be unemployed than allow 90 seat RJ's at DCI? They could have stopped this long ago. Now is not the time. It is just too late. Sorry.

Boy, don't let facts and legality get in the way of your hatred! You are pretty ignorant. DL is allowed to fly what ever aircraft they want to. When the 70 limit is reached, it goes to mainline (as all DL flying is subject to the DL pilots' PWA). Its just that simple. Why dumbasses like you have a hard time understanding it is really troubling. I realize your hatred for the DL pilot group has you blinded, but maybe you should put some of that hostility aside and check out what's legal, whats right, and what just makes sense! Sorry!

If the scopes get bigger the regionals will destroy the majors. I for one dont like working for 25k a year. Id like there be some airline for me to upgrade up to.

737 Pylt is right on target. Anything above 50 seats goes to DAL for mainline guys to fly. Hell, mainline pilots are the industry. Most regional guys learned to fly at a local FBO and have little real world experience. Since most DAL pilots come from a military background, they are the superior pilots. Mainline should and will get all of the flying for Delta and DCI should be wiped out for good. See if Skwest, ASA, Mesa, etc... could survive on their own. The answer is NO. So drop the issue of wanting more flying. Be happy we let you exist at all.

PAY YOUR DUES.

737 Pylt said:
Boy, don't let facts and legality get in the way of your hatred! You are pretty ignorant. DL is allowed to fly what ever aircraft they want to. When the 70 limit is reached, it goes to mainline (as all DL flying is subject to the DL pilots' PWA). Its just that simple. Why dumbasses like you have a hard time understanding it is really troubling. I realize your hatred for the DL pilot group has you blinded, but maybe you should put some of that hostility aside and check out what's legal, whats right, and what just makes sense! Sorry!

First off, don't call me boy. If you want to have some respect and have a discussion on a discussion board, well, then lets discuss. If you want to be disrespectful and try to belittle me, as you often do, then I don't want to have anything to do with you. You are no better, or smarter than me because you fly a bigger airplane than me. When some of you guys realize that finally, life will be better for you.

Next, I never said "I" want to fly larger aircraft at ASA. Foremost, I understand ASA pilots would not get paid their 'woerth' to fly them. Nor did I say if I desire to fly bigger airplanes I wont apply to the likes of CAL. JBlue or Airtran. What I said is, Delta pilots wont, at the end of the day, vote their company, their jobs, and the jobs of over 60.000 others away over the issue of more 70 seaters, or some 90 seaters at DCI. Do I want to see CHQ,Shuttle, Republic fly a bunch of EMB190's instead of Delta? No. But I dont think Delta should, or will, shut the company down over a bunch of 76 CRJ's that may help to bring some profit. But, we will see the results soon, as your MEC has obviously agreed to something.

Oh BOY!

79%N1 said:
First off, don't call me boy. If you want to have some respect and have a discussion on a discussion board, well, then lets discuss. If you want to be disrespectful and try to belittle me, as you often do, then I don't want to have anything to do with you. You are no better, or smarter than me because you fly a bigger airplane than me. When some of you guys realize that finally, life will be better for you.

Boy is an expression of speech. If you would stop your hatred and looking for a fight, you might just see that. Would it be better if I had said "oh brother, don't let facts get in the way?" If you would take your hatred and put it aside, you might just see that, but again, don't let facts get in the way of your hatred!

Next, I never said "I" want to fly larger aircraft at ASA. Foremost, I understand ASA pilots would not get paid their 'woerth' to fly them. Nor did I say if I desire to fly bigger airplanes I wont apply to the likes of CAL. JBlue or Airtran. What I said is, Delta pilots wont, at the end of the day, vote their company, their jobs, and the jobs of over 60.000 others away over the issue of more 70 seaters, or some 90 seaters at DCI.

Well, you're already wrong there! Scope has become the #1 issue. 95% of the pilot group agreed with me!

Do I want to see CHQ,Shuttle, Republic fly a bunch of EMB190's instead of Delta? No. But I dont think Delta should, or will, shut the company down over a bunch of 76 CRJ's that may help to bring some profit. But, we will see the results soon, as your MEC has obviously agreed to something.
I guess we can just agree to disagree! But you're right, we'll see the results soon!

Latest resources

Back