Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Does Air Tranny Still have SIC's on Furlough?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Right-seat- gun-toting bible clinging B.O. loathing, Scotch-swilling, cigar-chomping 'MERICAN, Dammit!

Last edited:
"First Officer" would be just fine thank you.

That is what the paperwork, payscale, and FARs say. I'm very comfortable in hierarchies given my background and get a little nauseated when within the kill radius of anything even remotely resembling a democracy on the job.

It is said out of respect you say, fine I can respect that. I simply ask that you consider the possibility that for the reasons I've laid out, some may find it to be a bit condescending.

Excellent post. Someone that is an SIC and hasn't completed the PIC check must have an EGO problem if they think that they NEED to be called a co captain.!

I am not offended by the term co-captain, however if you are looking for other ideas I would like to be called Great One.
You may be on to something there, however Mark Levin has already laid claim to that one.

Perhaps Admiral or Commodore.

I dont care what any of you dorks call me. I dont care if I do every single walk around in a blizzard. I dont care what leg I fly or if I fly at all. Just dont talk to me about your politics, religion, ugly wife, stupid kids, golf, or airplanes. Do not talk to me about the company or the contract unless you are on the negotiating committee and you have great news. As a matter of fact just dont talk to me.

I dont care what any of you dorks call me. I dont care if I do every single walk around in a blizzard. I dont care what leg I fly or if I fly at all. Just dont talk to me about your politics, religion, ugly wife, stupid kids, golf, or airplanes. Do not talk to me about the company or the contract unless you are on the negotiating committee and you have great news. As a matter of fact just dont talk to me.

I don't know who you are, but, I like you.

CSP
LOL, that's funny!

Others,
Maybe it's the Captains way of setting the tone in the spirit of mutual respect and teamwork. He is the boss, but a good Captain values the services of his First Officer. Considering that almost every FO at AT has been a Capt. in a prior life, why would it seem condescending? I can only go by what I experienced in 9 months. Call me either one, let's just be professional and get the job done!

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back