Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Does Air Tranny Still have SIC's on Furlough?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I always took it as a compliment and show of support. How anyone would find that offensive is beyond me. I know that going back to right seat after 11 years in the left was an adjustment, but feeling respected and appreciated by the guys I flew with helped considerably. I only flew with a couple tard Capt's before furlough, 99% of them were great.

Ty you are one funny mofo, I always enjoy your posts.

Thanks, Man! That's exactly what I was getting at! "Captain" here is all about who got hired first. We appreciate you guys, even if the scumbags in MCO don't.

What would you like to be called?
Highly-paid.

That aside, some of our F/O's who bypassed recalled have since tried to come back as their training contracts were up wherever they went when furloughed, and the company has said there are no more available training dates to put them in class and has declined taking them back.

I'm not sure of the contractual legality for doing so, haven't looked it up, but with the recent pull-down in block hours for the Fall (happens every year), I doubt we'll be seeing any hiring of any kind (including the last 20 or so furlough bypassees) anytime soon.

What would you like to be called?

"First Officer" would be just fine thank you.

That is what the paperwork, payscale, and FARs say. I'm very comfortable in hierarchies given my background and get a little nauseated when within the kill radius of anything even remotely resembling a democracy on the job.

It is said out of respect you say, fine I can respect that. I simply ask that you consider the possibility that for the reasons I've laid out, some may find it to be a bit condescending.

It is said out of respect you say, fine I can respect that. I simply ask that you consider the possibility that for the reasons I've laid out, some may find it to be a bit condescending.

Well I don't find it condescending and really don't know why anyone would. I have more important stuff to contend with.

So do the pilots who bypassed recall still have the option to come back when training resumes prior to any new-hires or do they lose their opportunity to return once they bypass? Every company seems to be different regarding how many times a pilot can bypass a recall notice. Does AAI still have plans to sell anymore planes that are in service or are keeping all the planes that are currently operating? Thanks and good luck to everybody, it's tough out there for pilots these days......hopefully we will see better times again someday.

Latest resources

Back