Do you still think flying is expensive?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You must be on drugs, sir!

Our interstate system is anything but "deregulated!" The Feds pay for about 80% of their construction and upkeep, and states are not allowed to just open and close the parts as they please!!!!

YGTBSM!

When the hell is the last time you heard: "The section of I-10 from FLA to TX just declared bankruptcy and is ceasing operations..... You will need to find and alternate route... Please contact you credit-card company to see about a refund."

The whole problem with the airline system is that after de-regulation, large airlines can and do stop operating-leaving big gaps in service and potentially a huge hole in our entire economy! That is unacceptable in other "utilities."

-Don't feel stupid-
-You will learn this sort of cool stuff when you hit the 8th or maybe 9th grade, Clearasil!

P.S.- Those corporate planes pay the exact same gas tax every airliner pays-retard! They just don't pay gate fees because they don't use gates.

-Damn, I guess most any idiot can use a computer these days!

Oh man your slow when did I saw "I" interstates where ever toll roads?????? Yes Interstates are paid for by the government via our gas tax and other revenues. But believe it or not sparky we do actually allow corporations to build roads and thence charge a toll......THAT IS A FACT - which I was using to make a point. Does little boy Jmoney understand or has he been up to late praying to the bill o'riley gods.

Hey moron.....We do have that system - ever heard of Toll roads? If municipalities or state govt. wish to build a new road, without tax payer money, they can enter into agreement with a corporation who will build the road in exchange for the rights to charge a toll. It works great. The user should pay for the service; that's called capitalism!

Just think of the corporate planes, using ATC for free. Whilst our paxs pay 25% tax on their tickets. Do the rich fat cats pay any taxes? - No just tax on fuel, another tax airlines are forced to pay and pass on to our customers.

Well in responce to the comment about tax on fuel...when has the airlines ever paid $8 a gallon for jet A. Thats the going rate at some places right now with about 3-4 dollars going to local and federal taxes.

Guess I should have posted this to this thread...

Obama thinks everyone has a right to practically free air travel for those above riding the Greyhound they can afford. WIth that precedent, I plan to put in for my private jet shares, because I can't afford them, but don't want to ride on the airlines.
Why does the general public think this is a rational way to look at a business? It isn't like a school bus srvice you pay taxes for.... Yeah airlines have been "bailed out" in the past, but look at all the shenanigans the frac owners pull.....they don't even PAY for their costs....it's pulled from some bs LLC or wherever, then WRITTEN OFF as a business expense." Both equally can be said to be sucking from the govt you-know what, so my argument to the Obamites stands. If air fares continue to be subsidized off the employees backs, I want the same for private jet travel.

Latest resources

Back