• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Do you mean to tell me....

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Delta does not pay for hotel during training?

YHGTBSM!!!

I thought crap like this was over.

Last edited:
Not entirely true. I start training next. Positive pass to training and hotel is paid for until I finish Indoc, then I'm on my ownYMMV.

Fixed it for you. Congrats on the job. Your timing is excellent.

Oh so it is true. How much time in training after indoc?

A newhire does have to pay for hotel or crash pads after Indoc currently. If the sim happens to be somewhere else other than ATL (some 717 sims are done in MIA), then the company picks that up plus per diem.

This was brought up by the union in the latest contract survey. One of the questions asked if that should be changed via upcoming negotiations, meaning it's on their radar.

While you're at it, look up newhire pay at all 3 legacies. DL's is $68 an hour now (as per APC), and will increase to $71 an hour Jan 1st. AA's is $40 an hour, and UA's is $66. DL also gets profit sharing (AA doesn't), along with UA, but UA hasn't had very profitable quarters earlier this year. That may change due to lower oil, which will be good for everyone.

Bye Bye---General Lee

A newhire does have to pay for hotel or crash pads after Indoc currently. If the sim happens to be somewhere else other than ATL (some 717 sims are done in MIA), then the company picks that up plus per diem.

This was brought up by the union in the latest contract survey. One of the questions asked if that should be changed via upcoming negotiations, meaning it's on their radar.

While you're at it, look up newhire pay at all 3 legacies. DL's is $68 an hour now (as per APC), and will increase to $71 an hour Jan 1st. AA's is $40 an hour, and UA's is $66. DL also gets profit sharing (AA doesn't), along with UA, but UA hasn't had very profitable quarters earlier this year. That may change due to lower oil, which will be good for everyone.

Bye Bye---General Lee

What does pay have anything to do with it? It's more of a matter of principle. Delta wants the pick of the litter but yet makes a great first impression by getting cheapy on them. Pretty lame, IMO.

What does pay have anything to do with it? It's more of a matter of principle. Delta wants the pick of the litter but yet makes a great first impression by getting cheapy on them. Pretty lame, IMO.

True, but then pays people a lot more money, and has profit sharing (AA doesn't) and better management than anyone else. So, even though that policy is there and needs changing (which may happen), the rest is a lot better. SWA still requires a type rating if you don't have it already, which costs 4 times more. So, you need to take all that into account. If you can't see the big picture overall, I can't help you.

Bye Bye---General Lee

True, but then pays people a lot more money, and has profit sharing (AA doesn't) and better management than anyone else. So, even though that policy is there and needs changing (which may happen), the rest is a lot better. SWA still requires a type rating if you don't have it already, which costs 4 times more. So, you need to take all that into account. If you can't see the big picture overall, I can't help you.

Bye Bye---General Lee

I agree. I am just disappointed that this kind of crap is still going on and for a mega carrier such as Delta it was unexpected news.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back