• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Do you keep your CFI current?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I keep it alive, although I would need to jump back into the books again before I would try to instruct.

I worked hard for it and never intend to let it die.

What for? And please don't come up with the "resume builder" theory, because if you need to show that you can run around the pattern with a student to bump your resume. That is sad

I guess it really IS better that some let theirs go.......

I was doing a great job using American Flyers lifetime renewal system until one day, while in initial training in sims (post-furlough job) I graduated in the renewal course, but was too cheap ($25, now I'll have to go spend $700 or so) to have AF do the paperwork, and failed to bring the grad. cert. into the FSDO on time - missed it by one day. So one of these days I am going to dust off the cobwebs and shoot a few approaches on a CFII ride (with a DE because the inspectors are all too busy anyhow) and renew everything in one shot.

I'd badly like to get back into a little piston GA, but I already notice that since I was last instructing, $100 hamburgers have turned into $250 hamburgers.

Why? Complete waste of money if you don't stay current. If I was to instruct I would need a serious refresher anyways. And it is not like I would go back to work instructing. I does not pay enough.

Latest resources

Back