Do you keep your CFI current?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

pianoman

I just finished mine again. (Got the American Flyers lifetime program) Was very easy if a little dull.

Wondering if anyone else bothers with this? I know there's next to no chance I'll ever instruct again but I just can't see letting it lapse after all that work and a miserable oral. :)

What for? And please don't come up with the "resume builder" theory, because if you need to show that you can run around the pattern with a student to bump your resume. That is sad

You never know, later in life you may buy a plane and your son, daughter, wife, nephew, etc.. may take an interest and want to learn to fly. You would save some cash in the long run.

Not sure if having a CFI would get you lower insurance premiums.

And hell I paid way too much for mine, so the 120 bucks it costs to keep it the rest of my life is fine with me

Last edited:
Heyas,

Just renewed mine via the AOPA/Jeppesen. Worked to hard to let it go

The AOPA renewal was actually worthwhile.

Nu

What for? And please don't come up with the "resume builder" theory, because if you need to show that you can run around the pattern with a student to bump your resume. That is sad
Not at all. Only a portion of us want to work with the airlines for our entire career. The CFI/II/MEI, or any combination, is actually a great compliment to a resume and is required or expected for some positions.

one simple reason:
some training departments require a current CFI/II/MEI if you want to go down that path.......

gleim is definitely the fastest (unless a Fed can sign you off which is by far the fastest, I ask every time we have one in the j/s) as you do not have to wait for the timer to expire like american flyers.

Latest resources

Back