Do you fly left and right seat at NetJets

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

tgr620

I wanted to know if anyone at NetJets can tell me if you fly both seats every other leg? I appreciate your kind response.

It's not necessarily every other leg, that you will swap seats. Typically, the SIC will fly the dead legs in the left seat as long as the have enough time in type. I think that number is 50 hrs...but dont quote me there, it changed a year or so ago. (I can't remember, doesn't affect me, and too lazy to get up right now for the FOM)

Anyway, if the PIC is uncomfortable with allowing the SIC in the left seat, the SIC can fly live or dead legs from the right seat. good thing is those scaredy-cat PICs are very rare. The only real no-no is SIC in the left seat with pax.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:
i don't swap seats it s a pain in the ass to move stuff back and forth.

I swap legs. When i'm an FO i stay in the right seat the whole tour just swap legs.

It's captain perogative.

tgr -
Diesel has a good point. For some of the aircraft that have a tiller for instance, most of us would prefer not to fly from the right seat. at all..but it's all up to the PIC. If you do fly from the right in an aircraft with a tiller, there is typically a "hand-off" at 80 kts (approx) from the left seat driving with tiller, to the guy in the right taking over at 80 (for rudder effectiveness).

Some like it some don't...
I used to be in the CE650, and didn't like the hand-off, but it's a bit easier in the 800XP.

seat swap

If I fly with another captain, I fly ALL the legs on day one from the left seat. Next He flys all the legs from the left seat. We swap like that for the rest of the tour. Saves swapping $hit back and forth and every one gets the duty.

If flying with an FO, I ask him if he wants the left seat on dead heads ( some of them do because they are now thinking upgrade) and the company fordids FOs to fly left seat with pax. Or, just swap every other leg with the actual duty staying in each others respective seat.

no chart kits. just onboard jepps for north and south america.

Also, a large number of guys just swap legs regardless if it is a pax leg or not. As long as the F/O has 250 hours in type with the Company ( I need to verify that) he can fly pax legs.

The days of PIC only flying the pax legs is mostly over. That was the old thinking of a Mom and Pop business. This place is more like an airline and is slowly coming along.

F/O can only fly pax legs from the right seat.
but
They can fly the empty legs from the left seat.

If they are coming up on an upgrade in the near future I'd almost insist they get as much time in the left seat as possible.

I happen to be looking at the FOM cause my edition of VALUPAK cupoms didnt come yet.....

you can seat swap at 50 hours provided the PIC has 50 hours. SIC can fly pax legs from the right if he/she has 75 hours in type.

Diesel said:
i don't swap seats it s a pain in the ass to move stuff back and forth.

Diesel,

Your right, it's so hard to switch your headset over and maybe your sun glass case with a bottle water.
Takes a lot of work. You may need to call in fatigue after you do it.

Latest resources

Back