Do you fly left and right seat at NetJets

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I am with Diesel,

If I am the junior and paired with a Captain, I take the right seat and want nothing to do with the left.
If I am the senior Captain or with an FO, I take the left and still don't swap.

Seriously, I don't see the point of swapping.

as an FO it don't matter to me either. It's less work cause you don't have to move the anti-ice switches...lol

Plus you don't have the emer gear handle wedged into your right knee

Hey folks...I'm a former indy guyg looking at the fractionals. I have spoken to a few pilots at NJ and Flex that say they log PIC time as an FO. I'm just wondering how other airlines look at that? You are not really the captain, so why are you logging PIC time? If the shiznit hits the fan, it's still the captain's fault, not yours, so regardless of what seat you are in you are the SIC. If you log it as PIC, does that mean the captain logs it as SIC? You can't both log PIC afterall....

A friend of mine interviewed at JetBlue, and amogst all the chit chat the recruiter talked about fractional guys who "doctor" their logbook. I guess I am wondering if anybody has head the same thing... that airlines wont consider it 'true" PIC time.

Thoughts?

That would depend-

Club ORD FO said:
Hey folks...I'm a former indy guyg looking at the fractionals. I have spoken to a few pilots at NJ and Flex that say they log PIC time as an FO. I'm just wondering how other airlines look at that? You are not really the captain, so why are you logging PIC time? If the shiznit hits the fan, it's still the captain's fault, not yours, so regardless of what seat you are in you are the SIC. If you log it as PIC, does that mean the captain logs it as SIC? You can't both log PIC afterall....

A friend of mine interviewed at JetBlue, and amogst all the chit chat the recruiter talked about fractional guys who "doctor" their logbook. I guess I am wondering if anybody has head the same thing... that airlines wont consider it 'true" PIC time.

Thoughts?

Some carriers define "PIC" differently so it would depend on each carrier.

JB must not recognize F/O left-seat PIC.

first of all I can't imagine a NetJet pilot going to work at an airline now. Airline jobs are about as bad as flight instructing.

Per the regs.....if it's a part 91 flight(not 91k,135) the FO has a type rating and can log time as PIC if he is flying the plane. Only time he can't log it is if it's night and he is not current, or if he/she is not current on IFR.

other than that, sounds like the airline people need spend more time trying to stay in business and a little less time what pilots are doing.

You can legally log the time that you are the PIC at the controls. Many of us do that, just also note in your logs the times you were actually the PIC who signed off for the airplane. Many airlines will ask for only that PIC time.

If you're typed, current and the pilot flying...you can log it as PIC.

brokeflyer,

Thinking like that is gonna do you nothin but get you offered an airline management-type job!

Naawww--on second thought, the airline BODs and controlling lending institutions are not smart enough themselves to hire anyone to run an airline with any common sense these days!

"Let's worry about how we can pad our pockets as this ship goes down, rather than how we can plug the holes and get her floating upright again!"

brokeflyer said:
first of all I can't imagine a NetJet pilot going to work at an airline now. Airline jobs are about as bad as flight instructing.

You are wise beyond your years.

Flying at the majors (at least I can speak from my experience at Delta) isn't anything near as glamourous as you watched on the movie Catch Me If You Can, with Leonardo Di Caprio waltzing down the terminal corridor with beautiful Flight Attendants in tow. It's more like: park at Gate D-35 at ATL, and haul ass to Gate A-1 with a 45 minute turnaround, no time to stop and get greasy Chinese food at The Manchu Wok, and then fly to Toledo for a 9 hour layover......slam, click.

Pay, benefits, job security, and anything remotely related to quality of life issues have all gone down the toilet.

I wish life at the majors was still like "the movie," because I would never leave. Unfortunately, reality paints a much different picture.

So then

Fozzy said:
I am with Diesel,

If I am the junior and paired with a Captain, I take the right seat and want nothing to do with the left.
If I am the senior Captain or with an FO, I take the left and still don't swap.

Seriously, I don't see the point of swapping.

So then you don't put the GRRRRR in swinger baby yeaaaaa!!!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back