• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Do Not Work At Republic/chq/sa

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
DO you want to work for a company that doesnt respect your seniority? Like ASA or ComAir who junior man and float your days off?

DO you want to work for a company that does whatever is cheapest at the expense of its employees? Like void a contract and have B scale flight attendants?

i don't know why all you guys have yer panties in a knot over MSP....it's a long ass flight for a RJ. I don't give a crap if you have 6 fuel tanks....it's a long flight. Who in their right mind wants to sit in that seat for more than 2 hours is beyond me. RJ's should not be flying across the country. PERIOD. Put a 737 on the route. Keep the RJ's on the short routes and you won't have weight restrictions.

CHQ guys can eloborate more than I could but as I understand it, this was years ago and ALPA was too high and mighty to add small CHQ so they to Teamsters.

This was back before "the regionals" became "the regionals." Back when CHQ was a 100 pilot turboprop operator, ALPA didn't want anything to do with 'em, especially as they were a stand-alone entity, (not a wholly-owned commuter.) The ComAirs, Eagles, Piedmonts, and Skyways of the world sorta fell into ALPA based upon being "associated with" the mainline pilot group. (Remember flow-thru's?) I suspect that back then, if ALPA had a clue how big the regionals would become, they'd have been all over CHQ as well. (I have no explanation however for why Horizon is Teamsters while AS is ALPA. Anybody know the answer to that one?)

Latest resources

Back