Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

User546

The Ultimate Show Stopper
I was just wondering, pilots have the standard 8 hours/.04 regulation, what if any regulations do the Air Traffic Controllers have to adhere to as it pertains to performing their duties?

User997 said:
I was just wondering, pilots have the standard 8 hours/.04 regulation, what if any regulations do the Air Traffic Controllers have to adhere to as it pertains to performing their duties?
You think they do what they do sober ?

Geez...were you way off! :p

I'm sure its as strict, if not moreso.

gkrangers said:
You think they do what they do sober ?

I think there's a Mary Jane requirement in there as well. You should have seen the vectors AUS was giving me last week.

Juuuuuuust kidding, Vector4Fun! :D :D

user997, is there a story behind this question or are you looking for new career?

yup.....8 hours .04, don't think im gonna be legal tommorrow :) MY LIFE SUCKS, not looking for sympathy! But im drunk as crap again, 4th night in row, no biggie, not talking to airplanes until 11am local!

I knew it, when ATC says "Say again, I was on a landline" they are really doing shots

I knew it, when ATC says "Say again, I was on a landline" they are really doing shots of Jose'

no no no, when we say "say again, I was on the landline, i was asking the ground controller, what 4 across was :)

Hmm...Vector4Fun works down in the KAUS area?

Hey Vector...ever dealt with a FOXY65? That's usually me. :)

EDIT: Actually, that's usually my student in the rear cockpit under the hood, with me in the front 'pit clearing and wishing I were doing the flying.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back