DL warns on losses and liquidity

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Snake said:
Seems to me you Delta boys took Value Jet way to lightly. To let a scumb carrier like that kick your a** in your own backyard (ATL) is a shame. Delta will pull through this and will crush Air Trash, I mean Air Trans in the end. A chapter 11 filing isn't all that bad. Look at UAL and US Airways. From what my sources tell me, Value Jet is struggling much more than they are letting be known. Good Luck Delta. The rest of us are pulling for you.

Delta should be glad that Air Tran (not Air Trans, you uneducated fool) is in ATL, because SWA would have taken over the joint by now.

So why are you so bitter, Snake? Did you get fired by Air Tran? Seems like sour grapes. You should try being happier, like I am. By the way, it's way TOO lightly.

Who are your sources? Larry, Curly, and Moe? They're no Southwest, but it looks like JB and Air Tran are serious, and neither is going away any time soon.

DDpaysoff said:
Butrell is at Comair for a reason.

Make no mistake, Buttrell is a Delta boy. He will be back at Delta one day. He could be there for any number of reasons. Could just as easily be there to get you to take pay cuts and sell you as being there to grow the company. But I would not read anything into the fact that Buttrell is there.

chperplt said:
The Mechs are just about done, so Freddy says. The stews aren't going to budge.

Who'd a thunk it? The FAs up there in CVG are swingin' bigger stones than the Comair pilots.

Anyone else remember the news footage of the FAs driving around the airport with signs and balloons in support of the comair girls strike? Bet they wish they could have a do over on that.

Give 'em Hell Teamsters!!!

Last edited:
Dave Siegel said:
Except for SWA, JB, AAI, Am West, and Frontier, who actually try to treat the passengers well. I guess that's "beneath" AA, DL, and UAL.

Dave,

You didn't see that Delta (mainline) got a respectable third place in the last passenger survey about customer service? (Behind Jetblue and Southwest). Song wasn't even included for some reason. Get your facts straight. And, Southwest never wanted to go into ATL because of the traffic delays. They thought about going into Fulton County Airport, on the NW side of town, but that wasn't allowed. They also thought about Macon, GA, a town 50 SE, but that too was shot down.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Last edited:
michael707767 said:
Make no mistake, Buttrell is a Delta boy. He will be back at Delta one day. He could be there for any number of reasons. Could just as easily be there to get you to take pay cuts and sell you as being there to grow the company. But I would not read anything into the fact that Buttrell is there.

I should have elaborated. He is not at comair to hand over a well oiled machine to skywest in six months. He is at comair to ensure the operation is strong on its own or efficient as an entity for DAL. Which one, your guess is as good as mine, but looking at DAL cash position 450million in CASH, is a pretty good size bandaid. But, if they sell comair it will leave one heck of a scar.
Which tells me if DAL is FORCED TO SELL COMAIR AND ASA, then comair and asa would not want to be owned by DAL anyway, because they would truly be in their last days out of ch. 11.

If they do keep one of the DCI wholly owneds you can bet the operation would have to be super-competitive and lean. Much like what butrell is trying to transition comair into.
Sure, Buttrell is probably doing his DAL CEO internship at Comair, I agree with you on that.

DDpaysoff said:
I should have elaborated. He is not at comair to hand over a well oiled machine to skywest in six months. He is at comair to ensure the operation is strong on its own or efficient as an entity for DAL.

Sure, Buttrell is probably doing his DAL CEO internship at Comair, I agree with you on that.

Buttrell is there to do whatever Grinstein wants him to do. If thats means sell CMR to Skywest, he will do it. If that means make CMR stronger, same thing. But have no doubts as to who is really calling the shots.

DDpaysoff said:
But, if they sell comair it will leave one heck of a scar.

DAL already has that scar in the form of a $1.4B write down of ASA/CMR last quarter. It appears as if DAL has already come to the conclusion that owning ASA/CMR has resulted in a huge loss. As Grinstein has acknowledged in the past, DAL can still enjoy the economic benefit of ASA/CMR small jet lift without owning the equity in the companies.

MetroSheriff said:
Who'd a thunk it? The FAs up there in CVG are swingin' bigger stones than the Comair pilots.

Anyone else remember the news footage of the FAs driving around the airport with signs and balloons in support of the comair girls strike? Bet they wish they could have a do over on that.

Give 'em Hell AFA!!!

They're actually Teamsters. Feel free to carry on in your Comair bashing now.

KAK

KingAirKiddo said:
They're actually Teamsters. Feel free to carry on in your Comair bashing now.

KAK

Thanks. I edited my post to reflect the proper bargaining agent.

It's not bashing. Just a sad statement of fact.

Latest resources

Back