Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

lowecur

Spin?

"Delta will shut down 16 of its 24 gates but said the change "does not signal a reduced commitment by Delta to the Orlando market," and it will not decrease its number of daily flights."

Whatever Delta representative that stated the above quote must be smoking some good stuff....

Delta will shut down 16 of its 24 gates but said the change "does not signal a reduced commitment by Delta to the Orlando market," and it will not decrease its number of daily flights.

I don't believe this...One thing this management team has proven is that figures lie and liars figure! You don't lose that many gates without some kind of reduction in capacity. Brilliant, The most traveled to destination in the world.....
sigh!

737 Pylt said:
I don't believe this...One thing this management team has proven is that figures lie and liars figure! You don't lose that many gates without some kind of reduction in capacity. Brilliant, The most traveled to destination in the world.....
sigh!
Someone tried to tell me yesterday that DAL was parking 145 planes...I personally don't believe it but, has anyone else heard anything like that?

RJs, not mainline planes. Our lease negotiations have supposedly gone very well. Most of the planes have been reduced at a huge rate. As far as the Delta gates in MCO, a lot of the gates for Song were just given up, and I believe most of them are those particular gates. We now fly both Song and Mainline in the same finger of the concourse. That finger probably has around 8 gates total. Maybe some RJ gates will go too.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Last edited:
General Lee said:
RJs, not mainline planes. Our lease negotiations have supposedly gone very well. Most of the planes have been reduced at a huge rate. As far as the Delta gates in MCO, a lot of the gates for Song were just given up, and I believe most of them are those particular gates. We now fly both Song and Mainline in the same finger of the concourse. That finger probably has around 8 gates total. Maybe some RJ gates will go too.

Bye Bye--General Lee

ok. Now that makes more sense. thanks.

lowecur said:
This is interesting. My guess is many of those gates handle RJ flts, but I'm sure some will be mainline. I would think Jetblue would be the main beneficiary due to their commitment to the area.

Only one gate over there is used for RJ's, gate 90. The rest are dead. Delta cleaned out their offices there last month.

What a horrible thing to happen so close to the holidays. I am shocked and outraged at the thought of Delta cutting back to point that it can no longer squash the little guys or the airtrash out there. Just kidding. Die Delta Die. I am enjoying your suffering.

Latest resources

Back