• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

DL pilots expected keep their jobs

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I wouldn't be suprised at all to see these guys keep their jobs. Delta basically has no standards anymore. The company is just happy that there are guys who are willing to work cheap. Anyone at Delta with any talent has long since left for jobs with a liveable wage.

I would guess the SKETR 3... seems like the most likely from that direction, plus the final course toward the last point is an easterly heading, which would make sense if the FMS in the bus was set up to go to Heading mode when passing the last "known" waypoint...

Agree, most flights from the southwest are assigned the the SKETR3 into MSP.

I would guess the SKETR 3... seems like the most likely from that direction, plus the final course toward the last point is an easterly heading, which would make sense if the FMS in the bus was set up to go to Heading mode when passing the last "known" waypoint...

i figured as much but of course i didn't know for sure. That arrival has a heading after the last fix of 120, so did they fly past the airport in that direction? I thought they continued more east or northeast than southeast. I know that arrival if flown as depicted would keep the bus in NAV mode and no aural sounds would be heard after final fix passage... Oh sorry, just kinda thinkin' to myself as i type this up as to the different arrivals and fix passages in the bus and when it goes into HDG mode. I know if they passed a fix on an arrival that ended said arrival that it would revert to HDG mode and give the triple click which would grab your attention, but if the arrival has a hdg after the fix it will never revert to HDG but fly said hdg forever essentially, in NAV mode.

Ok, cool, thanks, just curious that's all.

i figured as much but of course i didn't know for sure. That arrival has a heading after the last fix of 120, so did they fly past the airport in that direction? I thought they continued more east or northeast than southeast. I know that arrival if flown as depicted would keep the bus in NAV mode and no aural sounds would be heard after final fix passage... Oh sorry, just kinda thinkin' to myself as i type this up as to the different arrivals and fix passages in the bus and when it goes into HDG mode. I know if they passed a fix on an arrival that ended said arrival that it would revert to HDG mode and give the triple click which would grab your attention, but if the arrival has a hdg after the fix it will never revert to HDG but fly said hdg forever essentially, in NAV mode.

Ok, cool, thanks, just curious that's all.

Here's another thought...

If there was no runway programmed into the FMS along with the SKETR3, would the FMS cue to the 120 heading or just continue flying the heading that was in-line with the last two fixes on the arrival?

I don't have the arrival in front of me, but I'd bet you'd just go sailing off to the east in HDG? or ROLL? (I know practically nothing about airbii) mode inline with the arrival course without a runway programmed in.

Here's another thought...

If there was no runway programmed into the FMS along with the SKETR3, would the FMS cue to the 120 heading or just continue flying the heading that was in-line with the last two fixes on the arrival?

I don't have the arrival in front of me, but I'd bet you'd just go sailing off to the east in HDG? or ROLL? (I know practically nothing about airbii) mode inline with the arrival course without a runway programmed in.

Speaking without any knowledge of the box they use in their birds, i truly do not know if that would make a difference or not. I know that the Thales box will fly a complete arrival without having a runway in there and then continue on the last heading between fixes if there is no heading assignment on the arrival(with the triple click aural warning for the downgrade), or the heading that is assigned on the arrival itself. In the case of the SKETR it has a 120 heading after the last fix so the bus will fly off into oblivion on that heading (at least with the Thales box). I don't know, i just think that had this arrival not had a heading after the last fix that their attention would have been drawn to the downgrade with the triple click...a flaw in the arrival maybe, at least with the automation on the bus.

Latest resources

Back