Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

DL/NWA SLI decision moved to pre-xmas....why?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Look or SEA to be a BIG base for the new DAL. That is where I would expect the NWA guys to start doing some flying soonest on the 767ER. Just a guess though
I would advise the NW guys not to salivate prematurely over possible ER flying out of SEA. NW's own fence proposal (which is totally insufficient for the 767ER..but that's another story..) would only allow bidding on "new" ER flying in a 3 to 1 ratio DL/NW. And that would be after SOC. Interesting that under the DL proposal, NW would have much more access to that flying.

I would advise the NW guys not to salivate prematurely over possible ER flying out of SEA. NW's own fence proposal (which is totally insufficient for the 767ER..but that's another story..) would only allow bidding on "new" ER flying in a 3 to 1 ratio DL/NW. And that would be after SOC. Interesting that under the DL proposal, NW would have much more access to that flying.

But, the NWA A330 guys will get to see Amman, Cairo, and Tel Aviv all they want from JFK.

Bye Bye--General Lee

I see a reduction in the ER category in NYC. Possibly a good thing for commuters. Bad for the 0.0001% of us who drive.

Anybody know how NWA hiring will work until SOC (if any)? Is there any chance NWA would hire until SOC or would all hiring be done out of ATL and DAL would just place the guys on the NWA certificate as needed? Thanks.

Good luck to both sides!

I'm curious to see if this "flowback" will hold water. I find it hard to believe that DAL would replace just about every pilot at Mesaba and Compass to accomodate all the furloughees. $$$.

Not to keep going back to the flowback stuff since we all hope it won't happen but perhaps I can add a tidbit of information.

One of the instructors that Compass uses for training in Montreal said the course costs the airline $38,000 per new-hire.

330 seats to be trained would run about $12 million.

This would come juuuust as Compass is finally getting the last pilot done with IOE early next winter?

IF that did happen, what a colossal waste of cash!

I see a reduction in the ER category in NYC. Possibly a good thing for commuters. Bad for the 0.0001% of us who drive.

There may be some 767ERs going West to SEA, but they may throw more 757ERs up that way to JFK. Anderson said he wants to ADD more expansion to smaller European cities (kinda like CAL does out of EWR), and maybe that will stick. But, I would think you might see some A330s up there, and maybe a 744 or two. But the good thing is YOU will probably see a lot of 6 day trips with stops back in MSP and DTW! Su-wheat!

Bye Bye---General Lee

Last edited:
Anybody know how NWA hiring will work until SOC (if any)? Is there any chance NWA would hire until SOC or would all hiring be done out of ATL and DAL would just place the guys on the NWA certificate as needed? Thanks.

Good luck to both sides!

It depends on which side loses airplanes, and I have heard we are probably going to be short on the DL side before next Summer. Sooooo, if you get hired at DL before the SOC for the DL side, you would go to an MD88 or 767ER probably, and you would have a seniority number below those on the combinbed seniority list.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Hi!

Unlike GogglesPisano, I'm curious to see how many pilots NWA and DAL will hire before they combine and all the hiring moves to DAL. Will it just be a hundred or two, or lots of hundreds???

cliff
YIP

Latest resources

Back