Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

DL/NWA SLI decision moved to pre-xmas....why?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Is it? Those were the scope protections sold to us, which we bought with our endorsement of the JPWA.

If parts of the contract don't matter, lets get rid of compensation and see how everyone feels about it. Scope is just as important, particularly for most of the pilots who bother reading FI.

Do you mean the old "If you don't like it grieve it!" approach? That's been the NW way at times for sure. Otherwise how to they just abrogate valid contractual language without our consent?

DTW, you are correct.

ACL65, I am told from several sources a change of ownership structure would not invalidate the contract language. There would actually have to be a SLOA, or waiver. (the opinions of a couple of attorneys for the RJ guys)

Many of the concerns on this board would require an ALPA completely asleep at the wheel to actually come to fruition. Thus far, ALPA has done a good job. I have to hope they will continue their work.

It may be awkward to implement a flow agreement in practice, but the other, better, choice continues to be a staple. Just bring the DC9 replacements to mainline and the problem is mostly solved.

Last edited:
Amen Fins, Amen. I think that these jets need to be here, for more than one reason.
I am glad to the pendulum swinging our way.

FWIW, I think that if we sell CP it gets rid of the flow.

ACL: I have not personally reviewed the contract language, you might be right. The lawyers for the RJ guys and (I think) ALPA's counsel both say the language was designed to survive a change of ownership. Further, Delta is a party to the JPWA, it binds Delta. If management has a dog in that fight, it might not be an inopportune time to talk to ALPA outside of arbitration (which I'm sure they have). Of course that is a hugely speculative assumption on my part.

ALPA should not want to create an easy end run around their scope. If they do, then ALPA's usefulness as a bargaining agent is further eroded.

The way I read it, the arbitration panel asked for more time so that their list and their decision (rationale) are published concomitantly on December 20th.

Last edited:
Amen Fins, Amen. I think that these jets need to be here, for more than one reason.
I am glad to the pendulum swinging our way.

FWIW, I think that if we sell CP it gets rid of the flow.

As a Compass guy who took this job knowing how it works. If you hit the street I know you guys are coming to take your seats back I don't mind as long as when things get better and we have chance to flow up it still there for us.

If the Compass flow gets cut then the max amount 76 seat airplane shrinks

According to the old NWA contract compass can only be sold if NWA had firm orders and delivered 10 narrow body airplanes. Not sure if that is still the case since we are still technically subsidiary of NWA which is a subsidiary of Delta

Fins:

DAL hired 676 newhires and NW about 130 so there are slightly more than 800 pilots hired since 911.

Latest resources

Back