• Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
DAL: Revenue for latest 12 months: $20.2 billion
Debt: $10.9 billion
Unrestricted cash and short-term investments: $3.2 billion

NWA: Revenue for latest 12 months: $13.2 billion
Debt: $9.9 billion

$9.9B in debt with only $13.2 billion in revenue to service it. DAL has $1B more debt but $7B more revenue to service it.
You're not REALLY going to make me start looking in the EF&A analysis from earlier this year are you? It wasn't very flattering for DAL vs. NWA in many, many metrics.

Last edited:
Just like a good politician. Using certain data and not others.
Kind of like the peak that occurs right before the fall in to oblivion.

How bout 54 76 seaters? Of course you know that 36 of them simply replaced the AVRO's that Mesaba had been operating for years.

54 76 seaters might do the trick for 61 old DC-9s. How many DC-9s will be flying by the end of next year

EAGAN, Minn. – (June 17, 2008) – Northwest Airlines (NYSE: NWA)

“Northwest will reduce its system mainline capacity (domestic and international) in the fourth quarter of 2008 by 8.5% - 9.5%versus the fourth quarter of 2007.”

Fleet reductions
As a result of the reduced capacity, Northwest is removing a combination of 14 B757s and Airbus narrowbody aircraft from the fleet.
In addition, the DC-9 fleet will be reduced from 94 aircraft at the start of 2008 to 61 aircraft (20 DC9-30s and 41 DC9-40s/50s) by year-end.
Northwest also accelerated the retirement of three freighter aircraft from its cargo operation.

Last edited:
You're not REALLY going to make me start looking in the EF&A analysis from earlier this year are you? It wasn't very flattering for DAL vs. NWA in many, many metrics.

Go ahead. Each carrier has it's plusses and its minuses, but at the end of the day it is DAL acquiring NWA.

How about the fact that DAL is investing its future. Buying very expensive jets, putting a lot of neat stuff in the back for the customer, and revitalizing its airport infrastructure. Oh yea, on top of that going in to new cities and countries that cost a butt load to get in to.
That is where a lot of the money is going.

You're OBVIOUSLY referring to the deteriorating financials at DAL compared to NWA pre merger announcement. We weren't going to bring that up, but since YOU did....

Go ahead and bring it up. I have given creedence to NWA financials. Unfortunately, this is not a game of one BK carrier vs a non-bk carrier. We are both viable carriers. Job-wiser, which IS the relevant discussion since the financials balance each other out, there is a stark contrast that should and will be reflected in the seniority list--including pay disparity before and after although you think that it is inadmissable.

I see your back after being driven away in shame.

Is there a plan to replace these airplanes at DAL? How many are there, something like 120?

This is a serious question, no flaming.

Thanks,

Orders for 12 737-700/800, options for 60, rolling options for 120.

FDJ2 and Puff,

In all seriousness it appears that delta would be way better off just pulling out of this aquistion and waiting the short time it will take for nw to go TU. Again, don't tell me it can't be stopped. The money people behind this would back out if they knew you guys(all delta employees, not just pilots) were firmly against this merger. This will not work without all employees pulling the same direction. You could pick up the pacific route authority and not have anything to do with the bitter employees and old aircraft. You were so successful in the campaign against usair merger. Why not the level of backlash against this one? For that matter I have not heard any official dalpa or other employee negativism towards this merger unlike the usair.

DAL: Revenue for latest 12 months: $20.2 billion
Debt: $10.9 billion

NWA: Revenue for latest 12 months: $13.2 billion
Debt: $9.9 billion

$9.9B in debt with only $13.2 billion in revenue to service it. DAL has $1B more debt but $7B more revenue to service it.

Orders for 12 737-700/800, options for 60, rolling options for 120.

I had heard that 30 or so of the 737 orders were already sold to someone else. Is that true? Also, do you know how the rolling options work meaning, are there tentative dates in the manufacturing line for them or do they get are they at the end of the line whenever the order is confirmed.

Thanks.

Latest resources

Back