• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

DL/NWA Seniority List Integration Arbitration starts TODAY...article

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Unfortunately, you are not one of them. Your -9s were and are going away to be replaced, maybe, by even smaller aircraft. This has been admitted in the transcripts if you actually read them. Meanwhile, don't make us laugh by calling yourself "educated" with discussion.

I posted the info you requested above, is that not what you wanted? Why does the fact that what i posted is actually backed up somewhere bother you? Why do you feel the further need to post flamebait, Again because i backed it up? Now who is acting childish? :confused:

I posted the info you requested above, is that not what you wanted? Why does the fact that what i posted is actually backed up somewhere bother you? Why do you feel the further need to post flamebait, Again because i backed it up? Now who is acting childish? :confused:

There are too many posts to list.

The Threshold Level shall be the number of Company narrowbody aircraft and new 77–110 seat aircraft in active service (reduced by 10) on the earlier of the following: (i) 1 year following emergence from bankruptcy; or (ii) the date of delivery of the 36th 51–76 seat aircraft to carry the NW code designator, provided such date shall not be prior to the date of emergence from bankruptcy. If the aggregate number of Company narrowbody aircraft and new 77–110 seat aircraft falls below the Threshold Level, the Company will have 6 months to return to the Threshold Level or the Company must reduce the number of 51–76 seat aircraft to the
applicable cap number set forth in Section 1 B.7.c.(7)(a).

Great, let's discuss and see if we understand this language.

Simple question, the threshold level has already been set, the company has parked additional narrowbody aircraft, with no replacements and has announced further reductions, how many 51-76 seaters have been reduced? If none, why not?
:beer:

Your own MEC has stated that the DC-9 would be replaced by a smaller aircraft that pays even less than the DC-9...

Did the MEC say that ALL of the DC-9's would be replaced by smaller aircraft? What was the timeframe that they gave for that?

Do you have a copy of that correspondence so that I can reference it, I can't seem to find it. Thanks,

Did the MEC say that ALL of the DC-9's would be replaced by smaller aircraft? What was the timeframe that they gave for that?

Do you have a copy of that correspondence so that I can reference it, I can't seem to find it. Thanks,

NWA MEC publication "Across the Table", March 2006 I believe.

NWA MEC publication "Across the Table", March 2006 I believe.

Do you have a copy of it? Is it the one that states the following:

Management made
a case that 76-seat aircraft in a dual-class configuration were
needed to compete in the future and, importantly, that they
would not be used to replace DC-9 aircraft.

It is our belief that 51–76-seat aircraft will not accelerate
the retirement of the DC-9 fleet. NWA’s business plan shows
the DC-9 fleet continuing to operate well into the future,
with many of the aircraft remaining in the fleet until
mandatory cycle limits require their retirement from service.
The demand for 100-seat aircraft at NWA is very real

Do you have a copy of it? Is it the one that states the following:

Management made
a case that 76-seat aircraft in a dual-class configuration were
needed to compete in the future and, importantly, that they
would not be used to replace DC-9 aircraft.

It is our belief that 51–76-seat aircraft will not accelerate
the retirement of the DC-9 fleet. NWA’s business plan shows
the DC-9 fleet continuing to operate well into the future,
with many of the aircraft remaining in the fleet until
mandatory cycle limits require their retirement from service.
The demand for 100-seat aircraft at NWA is very real

Is that the one that also states:

"The solution we negotiated has stopped that shift at Northwest and we hope in the industry.DC-9 replacement aircraft, the 77 to 110-seataircraft, will be flown at the mainline by Northwest seniority list pilots."

What are the pay rates on the DC-9 replacement aircraft?

Great, let's discuss and see if we understand this language.

Simple question, the threshold level has already been set, the company has parked additional narrowbody aircraft, with no replacements and has announced further reductions, how many 51-76 seaters have been reduced? If none, why not?
:beer:

Easy, its because we havent gone below that specified floor. That is precisely why the decision to park (not retire) those DC9s when they did. That was done before the floor was set. That is also why the number of CRJ900's and EMB175s were ordered and none further. Had they ordered more it would have gone against the language.

Easy, its because we havent gone below that specified floor. That is precisely why the decision to park (not retire) those DC9s when they did. That was done before the floor was set. That is also why the number of CRJ900's and EMB175s were ordered and none further. Had they ordered more it would have gone against the language.

Anybody see Steenland on TV? Interesting comments about the "older aircraft". And the hits just keep coming.

Latest resources

Back