Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
skydiverdriver said:
Perhaps it refers to the fact that you can fly for a "song."
Actually, I think it refers to what they'll be expecting the flight crews to work for.

VFR On Top said:

Actually, I think it refers to what they'll be expecting the flight crews to work for.

Actually, the flight crews are going to be treated exactly like DL mainline and are going to be paid current mainline wages.

The flight crews ARE Delta Mainline working under the same contract, with same work rules, pay and benefits. I'd guess the Song trips will be built into our regular trip rotations.

Everyone else will be employed apart from Delta.

VFR on Top said:

Swing.....and a miss!!!!

Maybe Song can take advice from AOL/Time Warner and lose 100 Billion dollars in one year. How the hell do you do that? Glad someone could top all of the troubles in the airline industry.

I agree that a unique name vs Delta X is a good idea. I don't see how they think they are going to save so much money using the same crews.

If folks are loyal to JetBlue they will do just fine.

Im going to go against the grain here and say I think they may do OK. They have or will have a comperable product to Jetblue, plus the benifits of codeshares, connections, FF miles, etc...As i mentioned before i think the whole new look, even it is a bad name, will help their chances.

So with a name like "Song," are they going to have a "Theme song" to go with their airline? They can play it on the TV monitors in the 757. US Airways already plays this horrendously corny panflute music in the introduction to their safety video.

snowback said:
The flight crews ARE Delta Mainline working under the same contract, with same work rules, pay and benefits.
Okay, then would somebody care to explain how exactly DL is going to make money with the same cost structure as mainline ops, more $$ spent on IFE setups, paint jobs, etc, but lower fares? It can't be solely load factors, I thought those were doing okay again (albeit on reduced schedules).

So with a name like "Song," are they going to have a "Theme song" to go with their airline? They can play it on the TV monitors in the 757.
They already do, it's on their website -- www.flysong.com. I've actually been listening to it in the background for the better part of the evening.

Latest resources

Back