• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

DL Interview Prep

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Study the gouge on WFFF and aviationinterviews.net. I also recommend Emerald Coast for pretty much any airline interview. They help you focus your stories. I also studied Everything Explained for the Professional Pilot and Airline Pilot Technical Interviews. Both are good books. Probably the first one is all you really need.

Go to Air Inc, best gouge for the cog test. 3 hours of prep for $300. Let me know if you need any other info.

Spending 300 at Air Inc will help, but you can save the money and get the same results. Prep for it like you would an oral. Basically spend a few hours each day going over the gouge--then go to your old flying books, brush the dust off, and go do a general overview of the particular subject the question in the knowledge test relates to. Gouge is good online--for now. The cog test is testing your ability to learn. Practical Knowledge Test--should not be an issue for most of the candidates the are bringing in. Personal opinion--concentrate on the personal interview. They already know you can fly or you wouldn't be at the interview. Just my observation--best of luck--looking forward to seeing more guys below on the seniority list.

Tips for the DL interview:

Wear a white skippers hat with the crossing boat anchor emblem. It will help them envision you in the matching double breasted monkey suit.

Be up to speed on all current wrestlers in the WWE, and be prepared to make small talk about the last episode of WWE Smackdown.

Be up to speed on the current NASCAR standings. It would also behoove you to know what team Junior recently chose to join.

Know the Waffle House menu by heart. If they ask you how you want your hash browns, be sure to tell the scattered, smothered, covered, chopped, diced, and peppered. This will score you bonus points.

Missing teeth are a plus. If you have a full grille, you may want to visit a dentist to have one of your incisors removed.

Tell the interviewers how you felt sorry for the hillbilly in "Deliverance" that Burt Reynolds shot with the bow and arrow.

Try to work the word "y'all" into every sentence.

Have an NRA sticker on your attache case.

These are just a few, but I hope they help.

Frank

Know the Waffle House menu by heart. If they ask you how you want your hash browns, be sure to tell the scattered, smothered, covered, chopped, diced, and peppered. Frank

Frank, I love ya buddy---you just described how I want you prepared when you show up at my house. Put on plenty of sunscreen, it's kinda warm down here.

Latest resources

Back