• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

DL dealing with PNCL & Mesa (Freedum)

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I could've sworn I saw the article about the 90 day extension on Deltanet. Did some searching and I can't find it anywhere. Still has the press release about cnx the agreement on July 31???

I knew I saw it somewhere. HERE
Guys on there say they got a memo straight from Pinnacle management. They all seem to have gotten the same memo so I know there not making that part up. But I can't believe that Delta and Pinnacle wouldn't have sent a press release out about it.

Yeah.....Word of mouth from another internet idiot. There is no official extension.

The huge sucking sound from AZ

The injunction against Delta is much more limited than JO's been claiming. He says there has to be a trial.

The truth is the judge ruled that Delta couldn't use "Coordinated Cancellations" for the months of Nov & Dec '07 and February '08 to cancel the Mesa contract (he said there had been an oral modificaiton of the contract.)

The "Coordinated Cancellations" occur when Delta asks DCI's to not fly due to wx, atc delays etc. Evidently it helps Delta get their big metal into places like JFK when the system is messed up. Mesa said under the contract they don't have to accept Coordinated Cancellations and wouldn't have cancelled flights if they knew the flights would count against them. Delta says that they could count them.

HOWEVER, the Judge said that beginning April 1 the contact should be interrupted the way Delta claims it should be concerning counting Coordinated Cancellations. When Mesa starts flying again they will not accept Coordinated Cancellations and will have to decide on a flight per flight basis whether to suck huge delays or eat the flight. Delta will be holding their feet to the fire on performance.

My guess is that Mesa will fumble performance which will be end of them if Delta's cash stops, or, they will run out of cash soon. They closed today at $.37, will probably be delisted soon, and undoubtly have a bunch of credtors trying to decide when the best time is to try and salvage some of their investment.

The only difference between Mesa and the Titantic is that at least the Titantic had a band. I feel sorry for Mesa folks, but recommend they sleep in the life boats.

Last edited:
Mesa total market cap is 10.47 million. 5 Airplanes is worth more than that. The creditors will start to ask for liquidation. They would make alot more selling everything .

9E is fine for now. DL came to 9E a few weeks ago and told them they had 90 days to get their act together. Things are shaping up. I'm betting 9E will still be flying for DL/NW after the dust settle's with the merger.

Lets hope so!

I will venture to guess that the whole 'do only your job, fly the contract' 'work to rule' stuff is gone in ATL. The whole DL annoucement of cancelling ATL Connection flying has gotten the ATL pilots to work hard like soldier boys. (Or is it Soulja boys? I can never tell which is which).

Lets hope so!

I will venture to guess that the whole 'do only your job, fly the contract' 'work to rule' stuff is gone in ATL. The whole DL annoucement of cancelling ATL Connection flying has gotten the ATL pilots to work hard like soldier boys. (Or is it Soulja boys? I can never tell which is which).

Way to cave boys. Are you so short sighted to see this is exactly what they wanted? Good luck getting that contract, it'll never happen until you take matters into your own hands. Just take a look at ASA last year.

Way to cave boys. Are you so short sighted to see this is exactly what they wanted? Good luck getting that contract, it'll never happen until you take matters into your own hands. Just take a look at ASA last year.

Easy, I didn't say it is fact. I started that sentence with "I will venture to guess..."

I have no proof, it was just my thought/opinion. I may be wrong, I may be right, or I may be wright (mix of wrong and right).

No one is caving in here. Its hard to be on time when we can't seem to get our numbers in a timely matter....

11-Jul-2008
Other Events

Item 8.01 Other Events As previously disclosed in a Form 8-K filed by Pinnacle Airlines Corp. (the "Company") on June 10, 2008, the Company's Pinnacle Airlines, Inc. subsidiary ("Pinnacle") received notice from Delta Air Lines ("Delta") of Delta's intent to terminate the Delta Connection Agreement between the two parties ("DCA"), effective July 31. The two parties agreed to discuss the situation in an effort to resolve it amicably and have further agreed that Pinnacle will continue operating nine aircraft pursuant to the DCA through September 2008. No assurance can be made that the parties will reach a mutually satisfactory resolution of the dispute beyond September 2008.

Latest resources

Back