• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

DL and Virgin

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Your first mistake was listening to a DPA guy.

Second, do a fact-check. All furloughed were offered a return all through the years of 07 and 08 when we were hiring so nobody was out against their will.

I have found over the years that anybody who brags to other pilots about how great their second job is....it really isn't because they would be gone from the airline in a heartbeat if it was so much better. I live within my means and don't have to sweat out two jobs or because I have a (insert reason here) to pay for.

"Brag"? It was a mere mention to your fellow Delta pilot troll who says my "loco" will be going out of business and I better pick up open time. I enjoy my airline job and wouldn't quit it. My second income doesn't come anywhere near my airline job, but it still is an income and I enjoy it. I don't feel like I need 2 jobs, it's basically a hobby I acted upon and turned into a very small business. I don't need to do it, but choose to do so.

As for the DPA pilot, it did sound like he had a political goal. It seemed like he was definitely not happy with DALPA.

Poor little FO GL

Another thread hijack and mockery of title ....

Poor little FO GL...how's that date with Lucille going.

Lets stay off the subject at hand and exchange insults

Poor little FO GL

And your min is 19.5 on a 3 day? That's great. Almost all of the 3 day Europe trips from ATL are worth over 20 hours. You lose. Throw in very productive 6 day Europe trips worth up to 40 hours, and you can't compete. I used to do ATL to Rome, to JFK, to Rome and back to ATL, and they were worth, wait for it, 40 hours. In 6 days. Your domestic rules limit you to 30 in 7.

Bye Bye---General Lee

How was that Redeye to Europe General?

I'm glad we don't do those, that's got to be hard on the body. We usually have a short overnight (13-14hrs) followed by a long (20hrs), then home the next day around Noon. and no redeyes!

You two both have it good. There are compromises to any argument-but why are you guys always chest thumping about who works at a better airline? Delta and SWA seems to have its part of the market figured out. Southwest is a great company and I have never met a SWA pilot who does not enjoy working for them-is it true they have never laid off a pilot? Delta also has some great points with its great new contract and the ability to fly domestic or international to fit your desired QOL- is a great option at a company with a great future.

I would give my left nut to work at either. But I would not wait around 5 years for a bull crap interview for Delta or even if they change it to a flow wait around 1 second for that either. I think its funny they want me to go back and study advanced aerodynamics and everything on the ATP (load shift even???) for an interview when I have been flying around Delta PAX for years.

General,

You are an airline pilot right? You understand a Rig right?

You missed the point that I fly 12-13hrs and get paid a Rig of 19.5. That's the minimum three day rig. You guys can't even touch that productivity. Prove me wrong.

The second part of your post is hilarious. A 6 day Europe trip? That sounds miserable. You can have it. I'd rather be home in 2 days, so I think in the end you lose for not making top coin while your gone...and sometimes being gone for 6-7 days. That sucks brother. Glad you like it though.

The long trips with deadheads are very easy duty. Just finished one and it went like this..... 1st class DH MSP-NRT and layover for 40 hours, 3.5 hour flight to Guam and layover for 26 hours, 3.5 hour flight back to NRT and layover for 22 hours, 9 hour NRT-PDX and layover for 21 hours, 3.5 hour flight to MSP and done. Blocked less than 20 and paid 40.5. Not taking GL side but the long international trips are beyond cushy and go super senior for a reason.

So the redeye schedule is soooo good, but what about the pay difference. No factor there?

Big difference between widebody and DC-9 pay. Just sayin'

Even in the 7ER category, with plenty of domestics trips, the Europe trips go super-senior. Pay has nothing to do with it

Latest resources

Back