• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

DL and Virgin

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
So the redeye schedule is soooo good, but what about the pay difference. No factor there?

Big difference between widebody and DC-9 pay. Just sayin'

I wouldn't know. I have yet to do a redeye but I wouldn't mind a trip that ends with a redeye. I don't think the DC-9 does redeyes. Not sure what your point is?

I was just wondering which is more important in bidding for the widebody..

The pay or the trips.

I'd think most gravitate to those planes for the pay, not the redeye work every week.

What do you think Split? A mix of both?

The pay is a driver on some trips. like IST pays almost 22 for two legs, 2 naps and four meals.

The "redeye" trip doesn't factor in. Its always daylight when we land.

I didn't mean trip by trip Bill. Sorry if that didn't come across. I meant bidding for a narrowbody vs widebody. Mostly for the pay, or the type of trips....if you could hold either.

I didn't mean trip by trip Bill. Sorry if that didn't come across. I meant bidding for a narrowbody vs widebody. Mostly for the pay, or the type of trips....if you could hold either.

The wide bodies are more senior. Now if you look at my category in NYC, the international trips go senior followed by the commutable domestics. Guys want to go to Paris, Prague, Istanbul, and Moscow, etc. Having a third crew member or fourth on the 12 hour legs is nice too.

Gotcha...

I think the driver is the pay scale.

Gotcha...

I think the driver is the pay scale.
Bill is correct about $255 per hour for a 744/777 A plus international override. Mine is $213 per hour plus override on international trips. I would have to fly 96 hours to get what they get at 80.

A guy showed me a pretty productive SWA style trip from his 757 rotation the other day in the lounge.

It was a 3 day which paid 19:35 and had short layovers and at the most 3 legs on day two.....BUT non-commutable on the front end.

I think SWA quick turns and no walkarounds compared to our long sits 55 mins minimum or longer tilts the scales toward less productivity over here.

I'm not sure Bill.

Our three day trips block between 12.5 to as much as 17.5.

The low blocks (12.5) will get the 19.5 rig, and the higher block three days will pay more...between 21-23.

Most have one shorter overnight and one longer, but the closer you get to that higher block range, the shorter the second overnight becomes. Basically you work hard and have less rest for more pay. It's a trade off for sure.

Most of our turns are between 25-40 minutes now. Pretty consistently. If your on an -800, your going to have a 40 minute turn regardless.

So there are a lot of variables, as I'm sure is true with Delta as well.

Latest resources

Back