divorce=bankruptcy=nojob?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

vmc-hound

I need the forums help...here's the deal. I live in a community state and my ex-b!tch ran up about $45,000(in student loans and credit cards) that I am "legally"obligated thanks to our a$$hole state legislature. With my own (before marriage) student loans and these great profitable ratings I currently hold...there is no way I can live and pay these!!!! Should I declare bankruptcy would it effect my chances of getting a Job?

Thanks in advance...I am getting screwed hard and dry anyway I look at it. But I don't want to screw myself out of a job!!!

Work it out and save your marriage.

Adult decisions = Adult consequences. Marriage is a big thing. Can't blame the state government for your failed marriage.

Not being mean, just can't believe that 60% of them end up in divorce...doesn't ANYONE work things out anymore?

Last edited:
vmc-hound said:
I need the forums help...here's the deal. I live in a community state and ...
Stop living in a community property state - - I hear Texas is nice.

Tough call. Sorry to hear about the marriage. I would try to avoid bankruptcy - find a cheap lawyer or credit service.

Seriously, good luck.

Unless you consolidated both you and your wife's student loans under one loan, she is still responsible for them once you divorce. Her student loans are not "community property" as credit cards, property and car loans are.

What ever you do, find an attorney and get his/her advice.

I dunno if airlines look at your credit report or not. However I think if it was an issue you could explain what happened and all that. I dont think it should exclude you from a job as most major airlines havent exactly been the models for debt free living lately....

acaTerry,

That is much easier said than done. Usually when it get's to this point even heavenly intervention will not save a marriage. I am pretty sure he has probably tried to work things out prior to posting the thread on this message board.

vmc-hound,

I would seak the advice of a attorney prior to making any spur of the moment choices. Sorry to hear about your misfortune.

3 5 0

Yeah, I'm not trying to sound so cynical. I guess I'm pretty lucky...she's been with me since I was a nickel and dime flight instructor, and we used all of her life savings, etc to get here.

acaTerry said:
Work it out and save your marriage.

Adult decisions = Adult consequences. Marriage is a big thing. Can't blame the state government for your failed marriage.

Not being mean, just can't believe that 60% of them end up in divorce...doesn't ANYONE work things out anymore?

**CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED** I wish I had though of that...Come on man don't you think I would have done that? When your wife doesn't want you to be a pilot and is less than supportive of your desire to fly what do you do? For the record she filled and I tried to work things out but to no avail....

My simpathies good out to you. Divorce is like buying the farm. I never fought over money issues, we fought over the kids 12 years ago. Now they are 18 and 17. We never had student loans. On the plus side, you have a meal ticket, CFI. If her student loans are NOT communist property, then WOO HOO. Consult LEGAL counsel, you don't have the pain of childern. BTW, NEVER get divorced in Texas or Colorado. DAD"S GET F%&KED in both of these states. Bankruptcy last for 7 years on your report. Be careful on this one. Go teach your fantail off and donr sweat the small stuff. You can't take property to Heaven with you. Relax. Best wishes.

T206Driver

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back