• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Disturbing Xmas letter from Republic CEO

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Plenty of people have been wiped out in large numbers in history by a-holes, it is going on today. To me that doesn't justify taking holy land from one group and handing it over to another group, it tends to piss people off when you force them out of their home. It is very cynical the way the christians want to help the jews so bad only bc they need the jews to occupy Israel for their messiah to come back and "get rid" of those who do not believe in him (ironically the jews would be in that category). Or mabye he is just comming back to "perfect" the jews like Ann Coulter says needs to happen. Bill Maher had a funny line about all this in his last season.

Wasn't trying to debate the actual point. I'm just saying that the support for Israel within the US has a lot more to do with the Holocaust and its aftermath than apocalyptic beliefs that some Christians hold. Keep in mind that rather few Holocaust survivors stayed in Europe afterward, there was a diaspora pretty evenly split between the US and Israel. Close ties were pretty inevitable, as was the survivors' influence on political opinion here.

In order to get to the weekly message, you need to access the company intranet, then click on the "weekly message" link, then click on another link to open the PDF.

Furthermore, it is not a "required reading" document.

It is not being forced on you. If you read it anyway you have done so voluntarily and with deliberate effort.

Zeemzda me that nothing is being inflicted on anyone. If you don't like the message, don't read the message. If you are offended that your CEO chooses to preach, find a different job.

I would rather work for an airline that sent me a Christmas message about Jesus than a New Years phone call about my furlough.

It's amazing what some of you people can come up with to be outraged about.

Well, at least they don't print the actual text of the verses. It's just the chapter and verse printed there, and you have to go to your own Bible to see what it says. That's a little different than Bedford's maniacal preaching to his employees.

Dudes...when he was at Mesaba he put an article in the paper and was quoted saying people love flying turboprops....messed up as this article.

As long as he can keep our company going in the direction its going, and the checks he signs that I cash twice a month aren't bouncing he can say or put a link to whatever he wants on our site.

For sure!

As long as he can keep our company going in the direction its going, and the checks he signs that I cash twice a month aren't bouncing he can say or put a link to whatever he wants on our site.

You have a right to receive paychecks for a job well done without being preached to about Jesus, Abraham, Mohamed, Buddha, etc.

1. The Beacon rocks. Five Guys is also good if you're not near SPA.

2. It's Hawking guys.

If everything was made by god(s) who made god(s)? Don't worry I won't be screaming for Dawkins or asking for gods help. I'll be doing my job maintaining the safety and security of my passengers. Better than giving up and saying it's the "will of god"

Alls I'm asking a fellow co-worker to do is read. I'm sorry if I sound arrogant, but I do feel strongly about my opinions. Just as you do to. The religous system has stymied the education system since it's inception. The interesting concept of theory is you can strive (and should try) to disprove it. That's the beauty of science. Disprove Hawkings and Dawkins make you're own conclusions. What's most important is religous folks read books like those previously mentioned. Expand your horizons.

I'd much rather live life by asking questions than taking it on "faith" We're pilots we don't take anything on faith when it comes to our airplane. How many times have you been, on the line, in ground school and wanted to learn why something was working/malfunctioning on you plane?

I really don't think about this god concept during my average day. I live each momment in the now to the fullest. Religion/God isn't needed to accomplish this. In fact it hides the true beauty this place can show you.

Dubya, Mesabi Miner. Thanks for the conversation. I thrive on anything that makes you think. To all the guys that sent me private emails, thank you to. It's always nice to know others view life the same way I do.

I was trying to put you in a hopeless situation. The majority of people when faced with a hopeless situation will invoke some mention of God in some fashion or another.

I actually find myself searching for answers just as you do. It just seemed as though you were spouting them as proven fact rather than what they are...theory. It's difficult to come to a conclusion either way...IMHO. As you said, it's interesting to read about it from both viewpoints, but neither is conclusive beyond a doubt. This is all I was trying to point out. So don't be too sure that the evolution theory is just a given.

W

Latest resources

Back