• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Disturbing Xmas letter from Republic CEO

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Sirach is accepted as part of the biblical canon by Catholics and Eastern Orthodox, but not by most Protestants. Found that in Wikipedia. And treating your employees like garbage while proclaiming your own holiness is not exclusive to Christians. Muslims pray 5 times a day and rape the third world girls who they import to work as maids in their homes.

Really? Why shouldn't religion be in the memo?

I agree with you, I think the memo is over the top but what law(s) do you think are violated here? The answer is none, as long as the hiring/firing isn't discriminatory than he can preach on paper all he wants.

No, he isn't free to say whatever he wants. This is a hostile work environment for non-Christians. If I were an atheist, Muslim, Jew, etc..., then I would feel very uncomfortable in that environment. Someone needs to take this to the DOL.

I think it's awesome what he's doing. No, it's not politically correct, but I despise the BS term anyway. Offended? Ignore it and go about your faithless ways. That is your prerogative and your right in this country. But don't get down on this guy for being apostolic. He's courageous enough to speak about faith in this increasingly faithless world.

MM

No, he isn't free to say whatever he wants. This is a hostile work environment for non-Christians. If I were an atheist, Muslim, Jew, etc..., then I would feel very uncomfortable in that environment. Someone needs to take this to the DOL.

You create a hotile posting environment as well as degrading the profession with your drivel, PFTer!

Last edited:
I've never even heard of them, but I did just look at their menu and locations. I'll be stopping by next time I see one.

They also have locations in the terminal at both IAD and DCA; that's where I first ran into them. The airport locations are slow, but if you're got the time, it's worth it!

Really, somebody needs to file a hostile workplace complaint against this guy for his constant religious diatribes. And what denomination is he, anyway? Most Christian denominations don't recognize Sirach as being canonical.

He's Catholic (of the "have-as-many-kids-as-you-can" variety). The memos are not required reading so he can probably get away with the missives. I really don't think that there is a hostile workplace issue here- don't like them, don't read them.

1. Five Guys Burgers & Fries are the shiznit. BEST FAST FOOD BURGER - PERIOD.

2. While I find it in bad taste, I don't see anything remotely approaching "harassment" for Bedford posting his personal views in an OPTIONAL memo to employees.

Let me say that again - OPTIONAL. That means you don't have to read it...especially if you know and don't like his views. BB earned the nickname of "Reverend" for a reason...

Believe what and in whom you want, or even nothing at all...but to whine and cry "I'm offended!" whenever somebody starts using their beliefs in conversation (or even company communication, IMO) is just bitchy nonsense.

Another reason I f**kin' hate most self-proclaimed liberals...they believe in free speech for everybody, except when they don't agree with what you're talking about (and doubly so when Christianity is being discussed).

I think it's awesome what he's doing. No, it's not politically correct, but I despise the BS term anyway. Offended? Ignore it and go about your faithless ways.

I agree, nobody is forced to read that memo.

Another reason I f**kin' hate most self-proclaimed liberals...they believe in free speech for everybody, except when they don't agree with what you're talking about (and doubly so when Christianity is being discussed).

So there's no such thing as a Christian Liberal? :rolleyes:

Bible crap or no Bible crap...In N Out's still awesome!

...and with respect to the memo... The guy is obviously religious...why wouldn't he throw a "Jesus this" or a "savior that" in everything he writes?

I mean WWJD (Besides work for MESA)?

Latest resources

Back