• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Disturbing Xmas letter from Republic CEO

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Really, somebody needs to file a hostile workplace complaint against this guy for his constant religious diatribes. And what denomination is he, anyway? Most Christian denominations don't recognize Sirach as being canonical.

You're right. How dare he subject his employees to a message of peace and hope at Christmas time. Sue the bastard!

You're right. How dare he subject his employees to a message of peace and hope at Christmas time. Sue the bastard!
Hoover you tool...there's a big difference between peace/hope and spouting off like a maniacal abortion-clinic attacker.

Got a quote, from the Constitution?

No but Berry vs. Dept of Social Services ruled that by not allowing Berry to (1) share his religious views with clients in his cubicle, (2) use a conference room for voluntary prayer meetings, and (3) display religious objects (a Bible and a religious sign) in his cubicle. Since this is not a christian nation we have rights to go to work without being subjected to a CEO's personal belief in how one should live their life. I'm sure most of you that have no problem with this would be screaming bloody murder if your CEO was Muslim.

Freedom of religion is not the same as freedom from religion.

Agreed, but that has nothing to do with the work environment. When people go to work, they shouldn't be bombarded with other people's religious beliefs. If Mr. Bedford wants to go to church on Sunday, then more power to him. I encourage it. But he needs to keep it out of the work environment.

...I'm sure most of you that have no problem with this would be screaming bloody murder if your CEO was Muslim.

I am completely indifferent to it. Sometimes I click the link, sometimes I don't. I am comfortable enough with my own religious beliefs that I find no need to criticize others'. Matters not a whit whether it is Christian, Catholic, Muslim, Confucionism or FSM. Can you say the same or, (as is written in one of the many Holy Books) are you without sin and therefore qualified to throw the first stone?

As long as it is not a condition of employment that I become a practicing Catholic (or Muslim, or whatever), then BB can preach all he wants and I can choose to ignore it or take it to heart.

Last edited:
Agreed, but that has nothing to do with the work environment. When people go to work, they shouldn't be bombarded with other people's religious beliefs. If Mr. Bedford wants to go to church on Sunday, then more power to him. I encourage it. But he needs to keep it out of the work environment.

What is so hard about this?

You don't have to read it; he warns you that he going to say something religious; he does it at Christmas and Easter; it's not required reading. It's an opine for the season. You don't have to read it!

...... move on....

Oh, did I say "you don't have to read it?" Ok...

T8

No but Berry vs. Dept of Social Services ruled that by not allowing Berry to (1) share his religious views with clients in his cubicle, (2) use a conference room for voluntary prayer meetings, and (3) display religious objects (a Bible and a religious sign) in his cubicle. Since this is not a christian nation we have rights to go to work without being subjected to a CEO's personal belief in how one should live their life. I'm sure most of you that have no problem with this would be screaming bloody murder if your CEO was Muslim.

You need to do your homework. Berry vs. Dept of Social Services was a 9th Circuit CoA ruling on Tehama County Department of Social Services in the State of CA--a State/County run operation. The Courts could rule this way because of the Establishment Clause.

Nice try, but RAH doesn't count. Mr. Bedford is permitted, as I am, to carry my Bible, to say "God bless you," to post the Ten Commandments on his desk/wall/toilet, and give a homily to his employees if he wishes.

Move on...

T8

Latest resources

Back