• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Displacement email

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You may have been "grossly understaffed" before Skywest gave BH the reigns to your operation. Welcome to the new "properly staffed".

I find it pretty much impossible that you're on track to hire almost 400 pilots since no one is really hiring right now and because BH won't hire until at least 2 more catastrophic staffing failures that make our "mainline partners take notice"... And then he might hire about 25% of what we need.

Welcome to the new Expressjet.

I'm not saying I think that will happen. I'm saying that's what we were told in recurrent GS. Southwest is hiring quite a few of our guys, Atlas is hiring our guys, virgin America has hired our guys, Jetblue has hired some of our guys, FO's are bailing to places like U.S. Customs and Border patrol... I'm not here to convince you either way, I don't care. I'm just saying that's what we were told in ground school last week. We'll see..... I do know all 3 of our sims are running 23hours a day with one hour for mx. And we have all the E145 sims in hobby reserved.

But, with that stellar performance the new ASA/XJT crew scheduling department put on with hundreds of inexcusable cancellations.. All due to complete incompetence on their part, I wouldn't be surprised if we lose flying too coming up soon.

Last edited:
This is something to build on. Agree.

I agree in theory too, but in reality I don't see it happening. The Pinnacle/Mesaba/Colgan merger is turning ugly. Southwest and Air Tran is beyond ugly. Then there is the USAir and America West debacle. Our MECs aren't getting along and I see shrinkage coming. I don't like the way this is headed.

It sounds like there won't be a displacement email unless necessary after the COMA bid cycle is complete (Nov 3rd).

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back