• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Displacement email

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
From our training center - ExpressJet (Legacy) to hire 360+ in next 12 months and upgrade 180. Assuming we don't lose some flying too, which they don't "think" we will.

XJT has this much attrition? Because I have not heard about them adding any new flying.

From our training center - ExpressJet (Legacy) to hire 360+ in next 12 months and upgrade 180. Assuming we don't lose some flying too, which they don't "think" we will.

Source? I heard something similiar to that about a year ago. I'm wondering if this is the same rumor.

Source? I heard something similiar to that about a year ago. I'm wondering if this is the same rumor.

Source was I was in the training center last week. Our Ground instructor told us this and he got the info from P. Sailer, the guy that makes all the staffing numbers work and handles all that stuff. Guys are leaving XJT yes. We're seeing senior and jr. captains bail as well as FO's. Plus we've been grossly understaffed for a long long time. I think we're at around 2900 pilots now.

Last edited:
Source was I was in the training center last week. Our Ground instructor told us this and he got the info from P. Sailer, the guy that makes all the staffing numbers work and handles all that stuff. Guys are leaving XJT yes. We're seeing senior and jr. captains bail as well as FO's. Plus we've been grossly understaffed for a long long time. I think we're at around 2900 pilots now.

You may have been "grossly understaffed" before Skywest gave BH the reigns to your operation. Welcome to the new "properly staffed".

I find it pretty much impossible that you're on track to hire almost 400 pilots since no one is really hiring right now and because BH won't hire until at least 2 more catastrophic staffing failures that make our "mainline partners take notice"... And then he might hire about 25% of what we need.

Welcome to the new Expressjet.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back