• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

dispatcher school

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Its not mentioned here, but I fully endorse Airline Ground Schools in Florence, KY. Had a great experience with them!

I went to the now called "IFOD". It was "ok". For me it was a lot of memorizing on my own. Once you get your written out of the way... it's a piece of cake. I recommend buying the ATP written book, and taking the written on your own. As for the comments about getting into the majors... you never know what can happen. I lucked out with SWA, in a short period of time. Good luck!

"... what do you mean you don't want PHL as an alternate?"

DX Jake said:
IAs for the comments about getting into the majors... you never know what can happen. I lucked out with SWA, in a short period of time. Good luck!

"... what do you mean you don't want PHL as an alternate?"

Hey Dangermouse,
Back to work Rookie.
icon10.gif

I went to Wateska U in 2000. Within the first week of class, 3 carriers came in to interview. Three weeks into the six week course, I had a job. We had around 25 people in the class, and maybe five weren't offered a job upon graduation. Overall, it was a good course that got me into a field that I really enjoy.

405 said:
You get what you pay for at Sheffield and you're better prepared for the job.

Personally, after working with grads from multiple schools, no one is really well prepared for the job. They have the very basic information, but each airline has new rules to learn and live by (ops specs).

Some pay $2000, while others pay $5000, and yet they both have to essentially start over when it comes to the ACTUAL training that is administered at each company.

Basically, go where ever you feel the most comfortable. Everyone gets the same ticket, and everyone has to go through Indoc and Initial at whatever airline that hires you.

Latest resources

Back