Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

KigAir

Viva France!
Last week I was on a Delta flight from Amsterdam to Atlanta. At the gate we were told there was a mechanical issue with the plane and that a replacement aircraft would be brought to a different gate. Changing gates in Amsterdam is somewhat of a big deal because the security screening is performed at the gates. A short time later we were told the issue was resolved, we boarded and departed for Atlanta about 90 minutes late. On board one of the cabin crew told me what the issue was: Delta had dispatched the aircraft to Boston instead of Atlanta. The crew was a little confused about the original descion to switch aircraft, so was I but I know nothing about dispatching.

How complicated is it to change an aircraft's destination? The aircraft was loaded and ready to go 30 minutes late but we were delayed an additional 60 minutes on the ground waiting for the paperwork.

That is an unusual one. Usually the dispatch systems preload the flt num/city pair. Maybe DL changed flt numbers but not the city pair and it got loaded into the dx sys like that.

With any dx sys that shouldn't take long to correct, however new release prep for an int'l long haul could have taken awhile.

Re-release flight plan?

Cabin crew probably not in the know?

I'm thinking the same thing. The cabin crew used the word "dispatch" when it was probably something as simple as a tail swap...which often take lengthy ground delays.

JMTC

Give it another read.

Flight was EHAM-KATL. The poster also mentions KBOS. Sounds like a re-release to me.

Probably a re-release...that whole inital/final destination thing. I'm still trying to perfect the triple lindy reclear....

And then there's always the Cajun Kangaroo Back A$$ reclear into Gan Island.

Working how to feint into a B043 on a reclear just to mess with the POI....

Latest resources

Back