• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Dismissed from Shares for calling in sick

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
First. Sorry about your loss, that sucks.
Second. if you have no union then you are SOL.
Third, glad you put family first then work second, there is alway more work not always more family.

Brush it off don't be embarrassed for making the right decision. and move on your a better man for sticking with what you believe in.
Good luck in the future

Found this on a website just for reference. Best of luck to you. Pretty sorry of a company not to let you off.

Bereavement leave benefits are a matter of agreement between employers and employees or employers and labor unions that represent employees.
In other words, there are no Federal employment or labor laws that require U.S. employers to provide bereavement leave, whether with or without pay.
Like many benefits that employers have traditionally provided, providing bereavement leave is voluntary in the absence of employment contracts that dictate otherwise, such as collective bargaining agreements.
Under the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA), you might be entitled to take up to 12 weeks of unpaid time off from work to care for a dying family member. But the FMLA does not specifically provide for bereavement leave.

I'm gonna call BS on this.

I've been at Shares for over 3 years, and in that time I know of only a few people who have been let go/asked to leave, all for legit reasons.

This sounds like union driven FUD to me.

If true, God Bless

If false, your an evil individual

Third, glad you put family first then work second, there is alway more work not always more family.

I like that. Good stuff.

I heard an interview with Brett Butler (retired baseball player extraordinaire) he said, "nobody ever lied on there death bed and said, 'I wish I spent more time at the office.'"

your grandpa

Really sorry to hear about your grandpa. My ACP would never let that one fly and I am sorry yours did.

Things seem so arbitrary at CS and I guess you landed on the go to jail square.

One day they will regret there bad attitude about telling pilots to walk.

It is becoming a pit stop instead of a career choice.

Again sorry for your loss and CS's behavior.

Really sorry to hear about your grandpa. My ACP would never let that one fly and I am sorry yours did.

Things seem so arbitrary at CS and I guess you landed on the go to jail square.

One day they will regret there bad attitude about telling pilots to walk.

It is becoming a pit stop instead of a career choice.

Again sorry for your loss and CS's behavior.

Looks like his mission was successful. People are looking at the company (CS) in a dark evil light, creating FUD, and generally looking like an ass...

For the record, I called a few people at the company, and no one has been "let go" in the last 60 days, and one person did ask for time off for a death in the family and got it.

So instead of perpetuating rumors, let it rest!

Looks like his mission was successful. People are looking at the company (CS) in a dark evil light, creating FUD, and generally looking like an ass...

For the record, I called a few people at the company, and no one has been "let go" in the last 60 days, and one person did ask for time off for a death in the family and got it.

So instead of perpetuating rumors, let it rest!

Its coming!!!!!!Just a matter of time.

Latest resources

Back