• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Disgusted with Freeloaders at Flops!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Alright! I admit it! I haven't payed a dime. So shun me you bunch of heartless villains! Torture me on lengthy tours, spit in my seat, force me to change lav after lav after lav...

Oh. Wait a minute. I don't work there.

petebest, I know it's easy to get caught up with all of the little things that go wrong at a flying job. Don't stress over what others do or don't do. Im a furloughed pilot and haven't flown since May 31, 2009. So just be happy that you have a job flying. If you still are upset about it I will glady trade you my job, which is loading 53 foot tractor trailers every night for 12 dollars an hour for FedEx.

Just be happy your getting paid to fly.

Please post the list now!

The battle is over, the contract is signed, and everyone's pay went up. These people who have been along for the free ride need to ante up or be exposed for the cheapskates they are.

I have a better idea lets publish a list of migs in good standing and all the mother fockers that voted YES to this POSTA sentencing ALL flops pilots to five+ years of indentured servitude. F all you cowardly baxtards. You have done more to degrade the pilot profession with this contract than you could of ever hoped for. It would have been better to put Ricci out of business in the frac world forever than settle for this shiate. I couldn't agree with frackjack more. F all you wankers.

I have a better idea lets publish a list of migs in good standing and all the mother fockers that voted YES to this POSTA sentencing ALL flops pilots to five+ years of indentured servitude. F all you cowardly baxtards. You have done more to degrade the pilot profession with this contract than you could of ever hoped for. It would have been better to put Ricci out of business in the frac world forever than settle for this shiate. I couldn't agree with frackjack more. F all you wankers.

I hope you enjoyed your time on flightinfo, I suspect you won't be with us much longer!

petebest, I know it's easy to get caught up with all of the little things that go wrong at a flying job. Don't stress over what others do or don't do. Im a furloughed pilot and haven't flown since May 31, 2009. So just be happy that you have a job flying. If you still are upset about it I will glady trade you my job, which is loading 53 foot tractor trailers every night for 12 dollars an hour for FedEx.

Just be happy your getting paid to fly.

rbav8r: Sorry to hear that you're furloughed. All Flight Options pilots still flying with the company should be thankful they are still gainfully employed "living the dream". They should also resist the company's efforts to get them to work overtime, or to perform more than 14 hours of duty per day. If Flight Options needs pilots that badly, they should bring back some or all the furloughed pilots. My point was not to complain about my situation, but to put pressure on the no-loads who have reaped the benefits of the efforts and expenditures of those who made significant sacrifices for the betterment of all, even when success was far from a sure thing. There are many furloughed pilots who supported 1108 from the beginning, always paying their dues, and doing all the things the union asked. Many did so at great risk to their continued employment. I would rather see those guys back on the line and the no-loads gone. Best of luck, hope you're back to Flight Options soon.

Deal with it... you got what you asked for...

The battle is over, the contract is signed, and everyone's pay went up. These people who have been along for the free ride need to ante up or be exposed for the cheapskates they are.

They aren't along for the free ride and aren't cheapskates, they were looking for the job security that unions DO NOT PROVIDE.

They don't have to ante up, why should they? It's bad enough they are having to pay dues at all. Live by the contract. If they don't owe, they don't owe. They didn't ask for the miserable life of a union pilot.

Thankfully, the entire industry hasn't fallen for the union farce as former NWA union after NWA union falls at Delta. I didn't think I'd like the new voting rules, but it's got to be a real slap in the face to all you union mongers that so many "NO" votes are being cast down there and the margins are unquestionable.

You guys wanted a contract? You have a contract. Live by it. You got what you asked for.

They don't owe the $$... leave it be, they didn't want the damn thing in the first place and the contract is controlling, right?

Latest resources

Back