Disgusted with Freeloaders at Flops!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

petebest

I, for one, am fed up with the small minority of pilots at Flight Options who have never paid their back dues. For sure, they are not legally required to pay for anything prior to April 1, but all the benefits they have received through the Collective Bargaining Agreement were gotten through the efforts and the money invested by their fellow pilots during the prior 3 1/2 years. Every one of these freeloading mooches has already received a 10% pay raise, and most will receive a significant bump on January 1. This will more than cover the cost of the "Dues Payment Plan" proposed by the 1108 President, and approved by the Executive Board.

It is easy to tell who these despicable creatures are -- They are the ones wearing the company badges without the IBT logo. I think the good, dues paying majority of pilots at Flight Options should let these folks know exactly what is thought of them. I really see no need to fraternize with these snakes on the road, or to carry on any sort of conversation other than the minimum required to safely fly the planes and get the job done.

I hope someone can publish a list of these bums very soon.

I, for one, am fed up with the small minority of pilots at Flight Options who have never paid their back dues. For sure, they are not legally required to pay for anything prior to April 1, but all the benefits they have received through the Collective Bargaining Agreement were gotten through the efforts and the money invested by their fellow pilots during the prior 3 1/2 years. Every one of these freeloading mooches has already received a 10% pay raise, and most will receive a significant bump on January 1. This will more than cover the cost of the "Dues Payment Plan" proposed by the 1108 President, and approved by the Executive Board.

It is easy to tell who these despicable creatures are -- They are the ones wearing the company badges without the IBT logo. I think the good, dues paying majority of pilots at Flight Options should let these folks know exactly what is thought of them. I really see no need to fraternize with these snakes on the road, or to carry on any sort of conversation other than the minimum required to safely fly the planes and get the job done.

I hope someone can publish a list of these bums very soon.

I wanted a list the day we signed

lists

I’d wager most members would like to see a couple lists - non-migs, excessive ot’ers, knee-pad wearers, ...

Perception is half the battle & any public list could be perceived as a divisive step. So the board is gonna take the high road & instead promote the unity of the group. In any leadership role, it’s tougher to take the high road, so in that regard, you gotta give 'em some credit.

Personally, I’d like to see those lists. I’d refer to it just like the alpa scab list.

We're talking what, 10% at the most? You're not going to convert these folks into becoming "believers" with intimidation. They're as hard-core anti-union as you will ever be pro-union. So, put together your "lists" or what have you. For me, an 8 day tour of confrontation and aggravation just isn't worth the effort for these misguided few. There's plenty of opportunity to discuss the positives of union membership and representation at this company. I for one will be taking the high road.

Last edited:
how's that industry standard pay and benefits working for you peeps? It's looking like a test of the scope clause coming up but then again Sojourn Aviation may not want any of you. Uncle Kenn has a plan and it's very obvious it does not include FLOPS other than a slow death. Scope won't mean crap.

We're talking what, 10% at the most? You're not going to convert these folks into becoming "believers" with intimidation. They're as hard-core anti-union as you will ever be pro-union. So, put together your "lists" or what have you. For me, an 8 day tour of confrontation and aggravation just isn't worth the effort for these misguided few. There's plenty of opportunity to discuss the positives of union membership and representation at this company. I for one will be taking the high road.

I disagree, it would be my pleasure to spend a few rotations every year (shouldn't be too many given the relative numbers) shunning the freeloaders. The time for talking is over.

I vote for the list, lets have it E-board.
Richard:
"O coward conscience, how dost thou afflict me!"

King Richard III (V, iii, 179)

Yes, it should be posted. Having an accounting of what money is coming in, and from whom, or rather, not from whom should be information that we all should have access to.

Latest resources

Back