• Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Lear70

JAFFO
Moderator hat on.

Here is the new AirTran T.A. thread. AS I MENTIONED BEFORE:

"JUST LIKE USAIRWAYS/AMERICA WEST THREADS: ANY discussion of SLI issues in a non-SLI thread will result in a Flightinfo vacation. Period. The end."

We did the same thing with AWA/UAir threads about 6 months ago. It got to where it proliferated through countless non-related threads, and we're nipping it in the bud right here.

There is a Southwest/AirTran Seniority List Integration thread. Go find it and post your comments there. If you find an AirTran pilot commenting about the SLI in a non-SLI Southwest thread, I'll ban them, too. This will be applied evenly across the board, and goes into affect NOW.

1st offense: 7 days
2nd offense: 30 days
3rd offense: permanent site ban

I don't care if you're an AirTran pilot or a Southwest Pilot or fly for Joe Blow's crop dusting service, you are welcome to comment on the T.A., but do NOT bring up the SLI in this thread.

Thanks for understanding,

/mod

Anybody catch the latest from the SWA media day (G.K et al) on the subject of AAI spending until the deal closes?

The TA is interesting since Gary Kelly stated that Airtran was not allowed to make major financial changes before the purchase.

The TA is interesting since Gary Kelly stated that Airtran was not allowed to make major financial changes before the purchase.

Actually a major change would be when we were released into a cooling off period in November followed by jobs actions like Chaos or a strike. Um then while Airtran was shut down and losing millions of dollars that was going to Southwest with the purchase... I guess that is what a financial change would be.

Hmmm...with this new TA, if I go into my emergency bank now, I pay it back with one hour a month deducted from my accrual rate. So that would be 60 months, except I'll be on the SWA contract long before then and it will be a moot point. Interesting. :)

Not to worry. This TA is not a MAJOR financial change by a long shot. Basically raises the fo's up and puts in better work rules.

What is the time frame for voting?

A lot of guys seem to be upset about it on the AAI webboards but out on the line this week everyone I spoke with said they were going to vote for it. It isn't what I had hoped for on pay and retro but there are good improvements in work rules.

The main argument against seems to be that it isn't a contract we would like to live under for the next 5+ years. While I agree with that, my gut tells me we will only have to live with it for 12-18 months max. until the SWA deal closes. We'll see. I'm voting yes.

You mean there are about 12 guys upset about it on the AAI webboard. They just post all the time. Sit in the basement in front of the computer day and night.

So it sounds like labor relations between pilots and management at AirTran are not great. What happened to get this TA passed all of a sudden? There was talk of a possible strike and cooling off period before this. Thanks in advance.

Latest resources

Back