Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

doh

Jump seat shrink
If the Dooker B19 profile thread was deleted because it was a personal attack, why is B19 still allowed to be on the board? Everything he posts is a personal attack.

No, his are attacks on ideas - you guys (you know who you are) attack personally. Its just that you're so wrapped up in your ideas that you take it personally. But, when its looked at objectively, his attacks are really about ideas. I happen to agree with him on his stance and think he takes a lot of abuse but still sticks to his message.

Now go on and accuse me of being him, and attack me personally. But the former is not true, and the latter is why the B19 thread was removed. This is after all, a forum, not a slander machine and I support the moderators' efforts to keep it clean.

Try objectivity sometime, its difficult, but rewarding.

Not really. He has attacked me personally, and I am not alone. Any review of his posts will show attacks on people with words that can only be considered insulting. I think even he would admit this. Why would you suggest otherwise?

Wacoflyr

No, his are attacks on ideas - you guys (you know who you are) attack personally. Its just that you're so wrapped up in your ideas that you take it personally. But, when its looked at objectively, his attacks are really about ideas. I happen to agree with him on his stance and think he takes a lot of abuse but still sticks to his message.

Now go on and accuse me of being him, and attack me personally. But the former is not true, and the latter is why the B19 thread was removed. This is after all, a forum, not a slander machine and I support the moderators' efforts to keep it clean.

Try objectivity sometime, its difficult, but rewarding.

What, are you his mommy?

"You boys are all playing too ROUGH! You'll hurt him. Let go of his underwear this instant, Tommy. Tommy! Stop it this instant--or I'll call your parents!"

There's a serious double-standard at play here, I might add. Look at all the downright mean, spiteful--and, I might add, extremely personal--attacks that Netjets broad had to endure when she started harping about the fact that nobody would let her fly live legs.

Did you put a stop to that?

No, you didn't. You let it continue. For weeks.

You guys need to have another little meeting of the minds and discuss whether your apparent coddling of this buffoon is worth the massive credibility hit it causes you.

Let him fend for himself.

I've also been attacked personally by B19. Among his many insults and lies about my family's union involvement, he equated my black boots with those worn by Nazis, trying to claim that I am as bad as that horrific group was. I'm used to his FUD but that went way beyond the pale because, aside from his personal attack, it actually trivialized the deaths and/or oppression of millions. I remember some of the pilots on that thread posting how disgusted/angry they were about his despicable post. We were surprised he wasn't censored for it. Lots of us have essentially done that for ourselves by placing him on our ignore lists but it is still disappointing and frustrating to see the moderators apply the rules unevenly.

"Debating with you is downright silly. You store your knowledge in your pubic hair. All you wrote about above are the old union arguments and the classic payroll jealousy because you are stuck in the right seat without the skills in aviation to do anything more." -b19

"That safest place in that Boeing for you and the rest of us is in the right seat where the real decisions are made by somebody else." - b19

"...it doesn't surprise me that you would let others speak for you. It also seems like the kind of job you'd probably be good at." -b19

A quick search found these three examples of personal attacks just in the second half of April. It does seem like a double standard to me as well.

IP

Hey, moderators. You are being called out. Please respond as to why you apply double standards regarding B19.

Wacoflyr

Hey, moderators. You are being called out. Please respond as to why you apply double standards regarding B19.

Wacoflyr

This is why FI will always be a circus when compared to APC.

Look for this thread to be deleted or locked too.

He (B19) probably went and cried to the administrator complaining it was lies and got it deleted.

Kind of adds validity to it, if you ask me.

I've also been attacked personally by B19.

NJW, you are the leader of attacking me with your insults. Nobody, and I mean nobody on these boards have insulted me more than you. Anything I have stated has been in response of the ugliness of your union support.

Among his many insults and lies about my family's union involvement,

A paid volunteer is an employee of a union. If your husband is not flying, then he is not doing the job he was hired to do. You can't handle the truth that your husband was hired to fly airplanes and not work for the union.

he equated my black boots with those worn by Nazis,

They were, they are, and I think personally it was a great comparison.

trying to claim that I am as bad as that horrific group was. I'm used to his FUD but that went way beyond the pale because, aside from his personal attack, it actually trivialized the deaths and/or oppression of millions.

No, that was never stated. That was your own twisted interpretation trying to get sympathy. Just like now, you write this looking for a sympathetic response. Instead, it's disgusting, untruthful to stir up the pot.

I remember some of the pilots on that thread posting how disgusted/angry they were about his despicable post.

Only after you stirred the pot with your interpretation. It's funny how you can insult all the rank and file workers about their career choices without an once of regret or morals and that's OK though.

We were surprised he wasn't censored for it. Lots of us have essentially done that for ourselves by placing him on our ignore lists but it is still disappointing and frustrating to see the moderators apply the rules unevenly.

I wasn't censored for it because I never stated it, and like always all you want to do is stir the pot to support your union cause which has since shown it's true colors.

Latest resources

Back