• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Direct Air- Operated by Virgin America?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Dig around the website a little and the "our aircraft" section mentions that the flights are flown by Jet Blue A320's and the picture on the page is of a 737-200.

Dig around the website a little and the "our aircraft" section mentions that the flights are flown by Jet Blue A320's and the picture on the page is of a 737-200.

But if you look under the booking section, it says: "Flights are public charters operated by Virgin America."

Slightly confusing...

Virgin America now has the contract that was being held by JetBlue

With "100 yrs of experience between them"...as they say, at least they should be able to get the website correct

I think the 737-200 on the website was a Sky King aircraft, I think they had the contract first. They were followed by Xtra Airways, followed by JetBlue, followed by Virgin. I think USA Jet does some of the flights in an old DC9.

We knew it as myrtle beach express here at jetblue.. Nothing is clear but it is assumed that we re bid the contract and were outbid by VA for that flying.

I read an article about direct air and a quote in the article mentioned that direct air begins where skybus left off. Maybe somebody can clarify?

We knew it as myrtle beach express here at jetblue.. Nothing is clear but it is assumed that we re bid the contract and were outbid by VA for that flying.

I read an article about direct air and a quote in the article mentioned that direct air begins where skybus left off. Maybe somebody can clarify?

I think the correct term would be underbid. I guess they have they have to do somthing with those skybus airplanes since opening new cities will not enhance the balance sheet.

Speaking of when does VA report all their financials that they wanted to keep super secret??? Anybody know.

The Direct Air flying is very similar to the routes Hooters Air used to fly. The people in charge are also the people who used to run Hooters Air (not the people running Pace). I'm thinking if it didn't work the first time around, it won't last very long this time.

if you look at their address, it is the same office in downtwon myrtle that Hooters used to occupy. it could work because they're brokers. they have no risk.

we were flying some of the segments but a new airbus with direct TV trumps a tired worn out old hooters 200 everyday of the week. smart for them to deliver a better product to the passenger.

Latest resources

Back