• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Difficult question, any help appreciated

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I am just curious how this guys herpes is a major safety concern? I mean if you arn't sleeping with him, why would you be in fear? How would herpes affect his flying abilities? Just curious, I am seriously asking, not trying to be a smart ass.

SD

They're no joke. My herpes tick me off every day, and they seam to itch more at altitude.

Pre-existing condition

Worry about yourself and not this other guy. Let him deal with it. Don't be a rat.

ROFL Generaltso

why don't you mind your own fing buisness. This guy obviously thought of you as a friend and a confident to tell you this. He was obviously wrong because you are proving to be a rat.

MIND YOUR OWN BUISNESS get some cream for the herpes and put a rainbow sticker on your car.

what kind of herpes?

If your friend has herpes, no big deal. If, however, your friend's aircraft has space-herpes...much bigger problem.:D

Space Herpes

Since this condition only manifests itself occaisionally on the skin of the aircraft, it shouldn't be problem.

While most of you are thinking herpes shouldn't be a problem...remember there were a few pilots fired for flying without the uniform-if they had herpes it could be a risk to the other pilots still flying without the uniform...

Some disease can be transmitted through shared headsets, microphones and O2 masks.
Many pilots use personal headsets but still share hand mikes for passenger PA announcements. Some of the new generation cockpits have turned out to be so noisy that airlines are starting to install fixed noise canceling headsets (which have to be shared). Don't know if herpes can transmit like this but anyone with serious germs or viruses should be extra careful and protect others.

In general I would recommend all of you to sterilize any microphones that are not exclusively used by yourself.

Latest resources

Back