Difficult Airports

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
pilotpat said:
Now that sounds fun!! :nuts: And the only other approach is an NDB I'm figuring!

Not quite.

IAPs - Instrument Approach ProceduresILS RWY 33 download [SIZE=-1](287KB)[/SIZE]RNAV (GPS) RWY 15 download [SIZE=-1](222KB)[/SIZE]RNAV (GPS) RWY 33 download [SIZE=-1](231KB)[/SIZE]LOC RWY 15 **CHANGED** download [SIZE=-1](312KB)[/SIZE]VOR/DME OR TACAN Z RWY 15 download [SIZE=-1](278KB)[/SIZE]NOTE: Special Alternate Minimums apply download [SIZE=-1](15KB)[/SIZE]NOTE: Special Take-Off Minimums apply download [SIZE=-1](31KB)[/SIZE]
Other nearby airports with instrument procedures:

X

XTW said:
Not quite.

IAPs - Instrument Approach ProceduresILS RWY 33 download [SIZE=-1](287KB)[/SIZE]RNAV (GPS) RWY 15 download [SIZE=-1](222KB)[/SIZE]RNAV (GPS) RWY 33 download [SIZE=-1](231KB)[/SIZE]LOC RWY 15 **CHANGED** download [SIZE=-1](312KB)[/SIZE]VOR/DME OR TACAN Z RWY 15 download [SIZE=-1](278KB)[/SIZE]NOTE: Special Alternate Minimums apply download [SIZE=-1](15KB)[/SIZE]NOTE: Special Take-Off Minimums apply download [SIZE=-1](31KB)[/SIZE]
Other nearby airports with instrument procedures:

X

Dude...I was just kidding...I know they've got the others...

Anyone mention KSUN (Hailey, ID) or KJAC (Jackson Hole, WY)...both can be a challenge when wx isn't delightful...

PITA's for me would be KTEB, KHPN, KORD (especially on departure), KPWK, and KDFW (taxi HEL L)

pilotpat said:
KORD (especially on departure),

Really? Isn't it always "O'Hare 1 then as filed"?

(again...not trying to be a smartass...I'm seriously curious...just clarifying)

-mini

Sun Valley is a challenge?? Jackson Hole is a challenge?

If the weather is bad at KSUN, then there's always Twin Falls.

KJAC has a precision approach for crying out loud. So long as you don't use dissimiliar outdated charts and try to land there at night without lights while hauling celebrities about...you'll be fine.

Mini...the problem isn't the departure, its making sure you hit all the marks for noise abatement - notice I put that in the PITA (Pain in the ___), not the scary difficult.

As for you avbug-ger...WTF is your issue with me?? Its a challenging approach into KSUN if you've never done it & oh...KJAC has a precision approach! Really? How wonderful of you to tell me since I've only shot it a couple dozen times. However, I've seen the wx go from 10 miles to nothing while I was landing. You've got a wicked attitude bud. Oh...I get it - you're just sore cuz you don't have the special authorization for that ASE approach, aren't 'ya??!! HAHAHAHA - nanny nanny boo f'n boo. Care to make it 4555 idiot? :p :uzi:

Last edited:
pilotpat said:
Mini...the problem isn't the departure, its making sure you hit all the marks for noise abatement - notice I put that in the PITA (Pain in the ___), not the scary difficult.

Ah....people on the ground bitchin about noise.....now I follow ya...that does suck

-mini

Airports like ASE are technically demanding. When it comes to pure "pain in the keester" airports I'd have to rank SMO up somewhere near the top of the list. The Noise Nazis must get a real kick out of watching the low altitude airshows as guys try to not ring the bell.

'Sled

Latest resources

Back