Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

ThankyouCMR

Hey all,
Perhaps you already have, but if not, pull out your Jepps for LEX and get online to airnav.com and find the current taxiway diagram. You will see that on the jepps, taxiing on Alpha to the end of 22 is the normal procedure. But then look at the NOS chart and you will see Alpha only takes you to the end of 26. Please bring this to your companies attention. Best of luck to all and please fly safely.

ThankyouCMR said:
Hey all,​

Perhaps you already have, but if not, pull out your Jepps for LEX and get online to airnav.com and find the current taxiway diagram. You will see that on the jepps, taxiing on Alpha to the end of 22 is the normal procedure. But then look at the NOS chart and you will see Alpha only takes you to the end of 26. Please bring this to your companies attention. Best of luck to all and please fly safely.​

Very good point. It has been a while since I have been to LEX, but if the actual taxiway is labled A7 after crossing 26, then I can see how it could be confusing since A7 is not printed on the JEPP 11-1.

AVI8V1 said:
you are missing the point mr. state park of florida. ps- that reef blows.

Uh, ok, enlightsn me, Mr, "yeah, as if I built that reef myself, thanks for saying it blows"...

What a dork...

Oh, and since you know so much about the reef(s) go ahead and name the seven or so in Pennekamp. Do you even know how to get to Pennekamp? No time to google, let's hear it, Mr Airnav know it all.

Last edited:
rogerthat said:
Probably none, but which is correct the Jepp or NOS chart? If taxiway A changes to A7 after crossing 26 then the Jepp chart is incorrect.

Y'all are missing MY point. Nobody uses NOS, everybody used Jepp. So the Jepp being wrong could have had a lot to do with it SINCE NOBODY USES NOS. Get it?

I believe they just changed the taxiway designation a week ago after they repaved the runway and added the extra overrun area off 22. So if it's wrong, I'm sure it's already on the way in the next revision.

John Pennekamp said:
the Jepp being wrong could have had a lot to do with it

Exactly...The question is how is the actual taxiway sign on the ground at the LEX airport labled. If it is labled A7 then Jeppesen better start warming up the lawyers in the bull pen.

I know KDEC opened a new taxiway over the winter. Sometime around December or Jan. Last time I flew into there was about April and the Jepp 11-1 still showed it "under construction". My company doesnt go there any more so we dont have them in our Jepps as of a few weeks ago, but it seems to take a while for changes to show up on Jepps.

Latest resources

Back