• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Differences in Jepp and NOS Lexington charts

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
John P- i was only kidding about your reef. I actually really enjoyed my stay there and had some decent dives. I just knew that comment would fire you up!;) Kind of like the onion slogan "your favorite band sucks" or "the sportsteam from my area is superior to the sportsteam in your area". I didn't expect you to get the bends...
The point is that if there are two chart makers depicting the same AIRPORT LAYOUT differently then there is something wrong.

I don't mean to sound crass and my prayers are certainly with the FO and the families, but the sue happy BS because they have the $$ has got to stop.

There may very well be a pub error, but when the compass is 40 degrees off... side with the compass.

If Jepp were to typo something that had to do with a navaid or airborne issue there might be a suit, but when you've got all the time in the world on the ground personal responsibility should come in somewhere.

Operationally speaking, the Jeppesen difference would make little difference. My guess is that up until yesterday the taxi clearance would have been "taxi to runway two two" as there is only one way to get there. It is a confusing taxiway layout but exactly what the taxiways are named, it seems, would make little difference. Of course it's possible that there are situations that I'm not considering, so I would be happy to hear other opinions.

More

As with any accident, there are always a number of factors at work, the difference in the chart and what you are looking at as you taxi out is only one of the many things that played a role in this. When looking at this, there is no one person or thing at which to point fingers. Many things played a role in this tragedy. Hopefully by looking at some of the factors involved we will all become more cautious in our everyday operations, making the skies a safer place for all.

AVI8V1 said:
John P- i was only kidding about your reef. I actually really enjoyed my stay there and had some decent dives. I just knew that comment would fire you up!;) Kind of like the onion slogan "your favorite band sucks" or "the sportsteam from my area is superior to the sportsteam in your area". I didn't expect you to get the bends...
The point is that if there are two chart makers depicting the same AIRPORT LAYOUT differently then there is something wrong.

Ok, ok, sorry for the crack. Glad you were only kidding. Pennekamp isn't the best dive in North America, but it's the most convenient. You got me ;)

DrewBlows said:
My guess is that up until yesterday the taxi clearance would have been "taxi to runway two two" as there is only one way to get there.

This is the first thing that I'd like to see changed as a result of this accident. Controllers should be required to specifically state "taxi to 22, clear to cross 26." That simple statement might have prevented this accident. Anyone been to LEX in the past 2 days? Anything different in how they're clearing aircraft for taxi?

All I can say is.... KLUK. KORH. How many other airports have gotcha's waiting to happen.

As far as I know, we are the only country in the world where you don't have to have a direct clearance to cross a runway.

There was a Pinnacle flight last winter that did depart off the wrong runway at LSE. Luckily they managed to climb out over the river and continued on to MSP so they didn't make the evening news.

Latest resources

Back